Kaye, Acosta Called up to Final World Cup Qualifiers Squads
With the 2022 Qatar World Cup fast approaching, the Honduran and Canadian national teams have announced their respective rosters for the upcoming final round of qualifying matches. Rapids' midfielders Mark-Anthony Kaye and Bryan Acosta have been named to the Canada and Honduras national team squads to represent their countries in the final round.
On the international stage, Kaye has recorded a total of 30 appearances with the Canadian team, scoring two goals and creating two assists in that time. Acosta has featured for the Honduras men's national team on 56 occasions, including 10 Concacaf World Cup Qualifying matches.
The two Rapids' midfielders will face off in a qualifying match in San Pedro Sula on Thursday, January 27th, before each facing the USMNT and El Salvador in the qualifying round. Kaye's Canada is set to face the United States' team on Sunday, January 30th, and then El Salvador on Wednesday, February 2nd. Acosta's Honduras will face El Salvador on the 30th and the USMNT on the 2nd.
With four wins and four draws in eight matches, unbeaten Canada are in first place with 16 points and six matches remaining. Honduras sits in eighth place in the current standings with three points accumulated.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 24, 2022
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 24, 2022 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Two Additional Sounders FC Players Called up for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chivas vs. Club Leon Match Rescheduled for March 26 - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United Acquire Defender Hayden Sargis - D.C. United
- Titi: 'When the Team Gets Some Confidence, I Think We Will Do Really Well' - Charlotte FC
- Kaye, Acosta Called up to Final World Cup Qualifiers Squads - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids' 2022 Preseason to Feature Exhibition Games with Sporting KC, Houston Dynamo in Desert Showcase - Colorado Rapids
- Alistair Johnston, Kamal Miller and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Club de Foot Montreal
- Inter Miami CF Transfers Nicolás Figal to Club Atlético Boca Juniors - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew Acquires Defender Milos Degenek - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting KC Signs Winger Marinos Tzionis - Sporting Kansas City
- Up Next: Two-Fixture Preseason Week - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF Academy Graduate Noah Allen Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Inter Miami CF
- Javier Casas Jr. and Brian Gutiérrez Called to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- LA Galaxy Defender Marcus Ferkranus and LA Galaxy Academy Goalkeeper KyMani Dade Named to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - LA Galaxy
- Charlotte FC Defender Christian Makoun Receives Venezuelan National Team Call-Up - Charlotte FC
- Caleb Wiley Called up to United States Under-20 Men's Youth National Team for Training Camp - Atlanta United FC
- Dante Sealy, Antonio Carrera Called up to U.S. U-20 National Team for January Camp - FC Dallas
- Austin FC Signs Norwegian International Defender Ruben Gabrielsen - Austin FC
- Inter Miami CF Acquires International Roster Slot from Austin FC - Inter Miami CF
- Orlando City SC Acquires Uruguayan Forward Facundo Torres - Orlando City SC
- Žan Kolmanič, Rodney Redes, and Jhohan Romaña Obtain Green Cards - Austin FC
- Charlotte FC Names Katie Witham as Sideline Reporter for English-Language Television Coverage - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Rapids Back on the Road as They Face Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday
- Keys against Sporting KC: Put on the Pressure
- 'With this Mindset, Nobody Can Stop Us': a Look Inside the Rapids' Unprecedented Two Games in 48 Hours
- Auston Trusty, Robin Fraser Receive Team of the Week Honors Following Shutout over LAFC
- Rapids' Defense Remains Steadfast in Trials at Altitude