Indy Eleven 2020 Regular Season Schedule Set
TAMPA/INDIANAPOLIS - The United Soccer League announced today the revised schedule for the 2020 USL Championship season. The league's 35 clubs are set to play 263 games over 13 weeks to decide which 16 teams will advance to the 2020 USL Championship Playoffs, which will open in the second weekend of October.
Courtesy of the unbalanced schedule option unique to the 2020 season, Indy Eleven will host ten of its remaining 15 games at Lucas Oil Stadium, starting with next Saturday's home opener against Saint Louis FC (7:00 p.m., live on ESPN+).
"This is the day we've been waiting for and working towards for more than three months," said Indy Eleven Head Coach Martin Rennie. "To have the schedule in hand is a wonderful payoff for the patience of our players and fans alike, and to have two additional home games is really the cherry on top. All that's left now is to get to the games, and I know the squad is ready to deliver starting next weekend against Saint Louis."
Indy Eleven will implement a comprehensive Health and Safety Plan that will allow a limited number of fans to enjoy games in a safe and responsible fashion next Saturday and throughout the 2020 season. Fans can visit indyeleven.com/safety-plan for details of the plan.
"Indy Eleven would like to thank Lucas Oil Stadium, the Capital Improvement Board, the City of Indianapolis, and the Marion County Health Authority - just to name a few organizations - for their pivotal help in formulating a health and safety plan that will allow our fans to enjoy games during the 2020 season," said Greg Stremlaw, Indy Eleven Chief Operating Officer. "Our combined efforts have resulted in a thorough plan that should serve as a best practice for venues across the country and keep spectators, players, coaches and staff safe for every moment of their gameday experience."
As Indy Eleven continues to march towards next Saturday's "re-opener," the club will announce additional details regarding ticketing, broadcasts and more as they are finalized in the coming days.
As announced last week, Indy Eleven's schedule across the three months of regular season play will include four games against Group E foes Saint Louis FC, Louisville FC, and Sporting Kansas City II - the latter of which will come to Lucas Oil Stadium for all four 2020 matchups.
The squad's remaining non-group games will consist of meetings with Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC both home (August 15) and away (July 22, live on ESPN2), and a home contest against Hartford Athletic (July 29). Indy Eleven's 4-2 season opening win at Memphis 901 FC back on March 7 stands as the fourth out-of-group result in the Eleven's 16-game regular season calendar.
Indy Eleven's heated rivalry with Louisville City FC could reach new peaks in 2020, as the border combatants will face off four times in a five-week span, starting with Indy's first trip to the new Lynn Family Stadium on August 8. The Louisville-Indianapolis Proximity Association Football Contest (LIPAFC) participants meet once again in Kentucky on August 26 before coming to the right side of the Ohio River for pivotal late-season showdowns at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sept. 5 & 16. Those two LIPAFC games are part of a rare five-game homestand spanning the month of September, leading into the season finale on October 3 at Saint Louis FC.
Every game of the 2020 USL Championship season will air on the ESPN family of networks, with broadcasts on ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+ bringing all the excitement of the first league in the United States to return to play in home markets directly to homes across the United States.
For more updates on the 2020 season as they are made available, please continue to visit indyeleven.com and uslchampionship.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 2, 2020
- Republic FC to Resume USL Season at Home on Monday, July 13 - Sacramento Republic FC
- RGV FC Reveals New USL Championship Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Indy Eleven 2020 Regular Season Schedule Set - Indy Eleven
- Philadelphia Union II Announce Updated 2020 Regular-Season Schedule - Philadelphia Union II
- USL Announces 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Saint Louis FC
- OCSC to Resume Play with 15 Matches, Including 7 at Home - Orange County SC
- Atlanta United 2 Releases 2020 USL Championship Schedule - Atlanta United 2
- 2020 USL Championship Schedule Unveiled - Reno 1868 FC
- Riverhounds SC's 16-Game Revised Schedule Unveiled - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Switchbacks FC Unveil Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Unveils 2020 Return to Play Schedule - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Charlotte Independence Release Schedule - Charlotte Independence
- Real Monarchs Announce Full Schedule for 2020 USL Championship Season - Real Monarchs SLC
- Louisville City FC's Revised Schedule Released - Louisville City FC
- San Antonio FC Announces Updated 2020 USL Championship Schedule - San Antonio FC
- Hartford Athletic Announces 2020 USL Championship Schedule - Hartford Athletic
- USL Championship Unveils Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - USL
- FC Tulsa Unveils Full 2020 USL Championship Schedule - FC Tulsa
- North Carolina FC Set to Return to Play with Schedule Announcement - North Carolina FC
- Loudoun United FC Announce Schedule for 2020 USL Championship Season - Loudoun United FC
- Rising Releases Full Schedule for Resumption of 2020 Season - Phoenix Rising FC
- Memphis 901 FC Releases Return to Play Schedule - Memphis 901 FC
- New Mexico United Announces Full Return-To-Play Schedule - New Mexico United
- Usl Championship Unveils Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - OKC Energy FC
- Reno 1868 to Face Sacramento Republic FC on ESPN2 - Reno 1868 FC
- Hounds to Battle Indy Eleven in Home Opener, Game to be Aired on ESPN2 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- North Carolina FC Included in USL's National ESPN2 Broadcast Lineup - North Carolina FC
- Orange County SC to Resume Play on ESPN2 July 16th - Orange County SC
- USL Championship Announces Opening ESPN2 Broadcast Lineup - USL
- Legion FC to Open Season July 15 at Home vs. Memphis 901 FC on ESPN2 - Birmingham Legion FC
- ESPN2 Schedule for July Announced - USL
- Real Monarchs to Open Rio Tinto Stadium on July 11 for First Match with Fans in Attendance - Real Monarchs SLC
- Indy Eleven to Restart 2020 Season at Home Next Saturday, July 11 - Indy Eleven
- Energy FC to Host Tulsa in Return to Play Opener - OKC Energy FC
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Atlanta United 2 Season Resumes on July 11 - Atlanta United 2
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - USL
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - New Mexico United
- Phoenix Rising and the USL Championship to Become First Professional American Sports League to Return to Play in Its Local Markets - Phoenix Rising FC
- FC Tulsa to Restart 2020 Season with Nationally Televised Rivalry Match - FC Tulsa
- Switchbacks FC Home Opener July 11 - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Set to Host Rio Grande Valley FC in Return to Play Opener - El Paso Locomotive FC
- STLFC Approved to Open at 50% Capacity - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Late Goal by Forward Gordon Wild Can't Offset Offensive Barrage by Fire FC
- Indy Eleven and Defender Nedeljko Malić Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract with Club
- Indy Eleven Acquires Defender Liam Doyle on Loan from San Antonio FC
- Striker Gordon Wild's 77th Minute Tally Puts Indiana's Team Back in Playoff Position
- Manuel Arteaga's Seventh of the Season Not Enough to Combat Controversial Late Penalty