OCSC to Resume Play with 15 Matches, Including 7 at Home
IRVINE, CA - Orange County SC released its schedule games today for the remainder of the 2020 season. The club will play 15 league matches stretching from July 16 to October 3. The schedule will feature 7 home games at Championship Soccer Stadium.
Under the 2020 competition structure, OCSC will compete in Group B made up of five west coast teams, with the league's clubs set to play 263 games over 13 weeks to decide which 16 teams will advance to the 2020 USL Championship Playoffs, which will open in the second weekend of October.
OCSC will resume the season with a nationally televised game on ESPN2, at home on Thursday, July 16 against league rival Phoenix Rising FC. OCSC will face Phoenix at home again on July, 25th before traveling to Sacramento on July, 29 for its only match against Sacramento Republic FC.
OCSC will play LA Galaxy II on August 7th for the first of 4 total 405 Derby matches with a second home game on Saturday, September 5th.
The first-ever match between OCSC and San Diego Loyal SC will take place in San Diego on Wednesday, August 12, with OCSC hosting the Loyal at Championship Soccer Stadium on Saturday, August 29. Click Here for the Complete Revised 2020 USL Championship Schedule
Due to State and local policies regarding large gatherings, OCSC will not be able to accommodate fans at Championship Soccer Stadium when the season resumes.
All OSCS games will be broadcast on ESPN+ with OCSC home games also available locally on Cox Yurview.
Orange County is currently working on developing physical and virtual watch parties and fan engagement opportunities for our fans. To stay up to date download the OCSC App and make sure you are following the club on social media.
2020 Home Schedule at Championship Soccer Stadium
Thursday, July 16, 2020 | Phoenix Rising FC (ESPN2)
Saturday, July 25, 2020 | Phoenix Rising FC
Friday, August 7, 2020 | LA Galaxy II
Saturday, August 15, 2020 | Las Vegas Lights FC
Saturday, August 29, 2020 | San Diego Loyal SC
Saturday, September 5, 2020 | LA Galaxy II
Friday, September 18, 2020 | Las Vegas Lights FC
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 2, 2020
- Republic FC to Resume USL Season at Home on Monday, July 13 - Sacramento Republic FC
- RGV FC Reveals New USL Championship Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Indy Eleven 2020 Regular Season Schedule Set - Indy Eleven
- Philadelphia Union II Announce Updated 2020 Regular-Season Schedule - Philadelphia Union II
- USL Announces 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Saint Louis FC
- OCSC to Resume Play with 15 Matches, Including 7 at Home - Orange County SC
- Atlanta United 2 Releases 2020 USL Championship Schedule - Atlanta United 2
- 2020 USL Championship Schedule Unveiled - Reno 1868 FC
- Riverhounds SC's 16-Game Revised Schedule Unveiled - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Switchbacks FC Unveil Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Unveils 2020 Return to Play Schedule - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Charlotte Independence Release Schedule - Charlotte Independence
- Real Monarchs Announce Full Schedule for 2020 USL Championship Season - Real Monarchs SLC
- Louisville City FC's Revised Schedule Released - Louisville City FC
- San Antonio FC Announces Updated 2020 USL Championship Schedule - San Antonio FC
- Hartford Athletic Announces 2020 USL Championship Schedule - Hartford Athletic
- USL Championship Unveils Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - USL
- FC Tulsa Unveils Full 2020 USL Championship Schedule - FC Tulsa
- North Carolina FC Set to Return to Play with Schedule Announcement - North Carolina FC
- Loudoun United FC Announce Schedule for 2020 USL Championship Season - Loudoun United FC
- Rising Releases Full Schedule for Resumption of 2020 Season - Phoenix Rising FC
- Memphis 901 FC Releases Return to Play Schedule - Memphis 901 FC
- New Mexico United Announces Full Return-To-Play Schedule - New Mexico United
- Usl Championship Unveils Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - OKC Energy FC
- Reno 1868 to Face Sacramento Republic FC on ESPN2 - Reno 1868 FC
- Hounds to Battle Indy Eleven in Home Opener, Game to be Aired on ESPN2 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- North Carolina FC Included in USL's National ESPN2 Broadcast Lineup - North Carolina FC
- Orange County SC to Resume Play on ESPN2 July 16th - Orange County SC
- USL Championship Announces Opening ESPN2 Broadcast Lineup - USL
- Legion FC to Open Season July 15 at Home vs. Memphis 901 FC on ESPN2 - Birmingham Legion FC
- ESPN2 Schedule for July Announced - USL
- Real Monarchs to Open Rio Tinto Stadium on July 11 for First Match with Fans in Attendance - Real Monarchs SLC
- Indy Eleven to Restart 2020 Season at Home Next Saturday, July 11 - Indy Eleven
- Energy FC to Host Tulsa in Return to Play Opener - OKC Energy FC
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Atlanta United 2 Season Resumes on July 11 - Atlanta United 2
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - USL
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - New Mexico United
- Phoenix Rising and the USL Championship to Become First Professional American Sports League to Return to Play in Its Local Markets - Phoenix Rising FC
- FC Tulsa to Restart 2020 Season with Nationally Televised Rivalry Match - FC Tulsa
- Switchbacks FC Home Opener July 11 - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Set to Host Rio Grande Valley FC in Return to Play Opener - El Paso Locomotive FC
- STLFC Approved to Open at 50% Capacity - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- USL Academy Team Adds New Layer to OC Pathway
- OCSC Signs Chris Wehan
- OCSC Announces New Youth Soccer Network as Part of Pathway to Pro in OC
- USL Academy League Confirms Founding Southwest Division Members
- Orange County SC Transfers Keeper Aaron Cervantes to Glasgow Rangers FC