ESPN2 Schedule for July Announced
July 2, 2020 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
TAMPA, Fla. - The United Soccer League announced today the opening eight USL Championship games that will be aired live on ESPN2 in the month of July as the league resumes play on Saturday, July 11.
Featuring some of the league's top rivalries, the schedule is set to feature teams and key games from seven of the eight groups unveiled in the Championship's return to play structure.
Following the previously announced meeting between Louisville City FC and Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC on Sunday, July 12, which will serve as the official opening game at LouCity's new $65 million Lynn Family Stadium, the following night the focus shifts to a notable game in Group D as OKC Energy FC plays host to in-state rival FC Tulsa at Taft Stadium.
The rivalry between Birmingham Legion FC and Memphis 901 FC resumes on July 15 at BBVA Field, with Legion FC aiming to defend its home turf in Group G against Tim Howard and Memphis. The next two nights will bring together both a rematch of the 2018 Western Conference Final as Orange County SC hosts Phoenix Rising FC in Group B, and a regional matchup between longtime rivals the Tampa Bay Rowdies and North Carolina FC at Al Lang Stadium.
A west coast rivalry take center stage on Sunday, July 19 as Sacramento Republic FC plays host to Reno 1868 FC in Group A for the Donner Pass Derby, while Monday night's focus turns east as a new-look Hartford Athletic welcome Loudoun United FC to historic Dillon Stadium for an intriguing contest in Group F.
Last but certainly not least, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC makes its second appearance on Wednesday, July 22 as it plays host to Indy Eleven at Highmark Stadium.
USL on ESPN2 Schedule
Sunday, July 12 - Louisville City FC vs. Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC, 5 p.m. ET
Monday, July 13 - OKC Energy FC vs. FC Tulsa, 7 p.m. ET
Wednesday, July 15 - Birmingham Legion FC vs. Memphis 901 FC, 8 p.m. ET
Thursday, July 16 - Orange County SC vs. Phoenix Rising FC, 9 p.m. ET
Friday, July 17 - Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. North Carolina FC, 7 p.m. ET
Sunday, July 19 - Sacramento Republic FC vs. Reno 1868 FC, 9 p.m. ET
Monday, July 20 - Hartford Athletic vs. Loudoun United FC, 7 p.m. ET
Wednesday, July 22 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC vs. Indy Eleven, 7 p.m. ET
* - Kickoff times subject to change
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 2, 2020
- Republic FC to Resume USL Season at Home on Monday, July 13 - Sacramento Republic FC
- RGV FC Reveals New USL Championship Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Indy Eleven 2020 Regular Season Schedule Set - Indy Eleven
- Philadelphia Union II Announce Updated 2020 Regular-Season Schedule - Philadelphia Union II
- USL Announces 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Saint Louis FC
- OCSC to Resume Play with 15 Matches, Including 7 at Home - Orange County SC
- Atlanta United 2 Releases 2020 USL Championship Schedule - Atlanta United 2
- 2020 USL Championship Schedule Unveiled - Reno 1868 FC
- Riverhounds SC's 16-Game Revised Schedule Unveiled - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Switchbacks FC Unveil Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Unveils 2020 Return to Play Schedule - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Charlotte Independence Release Schedule - Charlotte Independence
- Real Monarchs Announce Full Schedule for 2020 USL Championship Season - Real Monarchs SLC
- Louisville City FC's Revised Schedule Released - Louisville City FC
- San Antonio FC Announces Updated 2020 USL Championship Schedule - San Antonio FC
- Hartford Athletic Announces 2020 USL Championship Schedule - Hartford Athletic
- USL Championship Unveils Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - USL
- FC Tulsa Unveils Full 2020 USL Championship Schedule - FC Tulsa
- North Carolina FC Set to Return to Play with Schedule Announcement - North Carolina FC
- Loudoun United FC Announce Schedule for 2020 USL Championship Season - Loudoun United FC
- Rising Releases Full Schedule for Resumption of 2020 Season - Phoenix Rising FC
- Memphis 901 FC Releases Return to Play Schedule - Memphis 901 FC
- New Mexico United Announces Full Return-To-Play Schedule - New Mexico United
- Usl Championship Unveils Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - OKC Energy FC
- Reno 1868 to Face Sacramento Republic FC on ESPN2 - Reno 1868 FC
- Hounds to Battle Indy Eleven in Home Opener, Game to be Aired on ESPN2 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- North Carolina FC Included in USL's National ESPN2 Broadcast Lineup - North Carolina FC
- Orange County SC to Resume Play on ESPN2 July 16th - Orange County SC
- USL Championship Announces Opening ESPN2 Broadcast Lineup - USL
- Legion FC to Open Season July 15 at Home vs. Memphis 901 FC on ESPN2 - Birmingham Legion FC
- ESPN2 Schedule for July Announced - USL
- Real Monarchs to Open Rio Tinto Stadium on July 11 for First Match with Fans in Attendance - Real Monarchs SLC
- Indy Eleven to Restart 2020 Season at Home Next Saturday, July 11 - Indy Eleven
- Energy FC to Host Tulsa in Return to Play Opener - OKC Energy FC
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Atlanta United 2 Season Resumes on July 11 - Atlanta United 2
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - USL
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - New Mexico United
- Phoenix Rising and the USL Championship to Become First Professional American Sports League to Return to Play in Its Local Markets - Phoenix Rising FC
- FC Tulsa to Restart 2020 Season with Nationally Televised Rivalry Match - FC Tulsa
- Switchbacks FC Home Opener July 11 - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Set to Host Rio Grande Valley FC in Return to Play Opener - El Paso Locomotive FC
- STLFC Approved to Open at 50% Capacity - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.