Usl Championship Unveils Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule
OKLAHOMA CITY - The United Soccer League announced today the revised schedule for the 2020 USL Championship season. The league's clubs are set to play 263 games over 13 weeks to decide which 16 teams will advance to the 2020 USL Championship Playoffs, which will begin the second weekend of October.
While the Group D opponents were announced last week, Energy FC will play crossover games against Sporting Kansas City II of the Eastern Conference, as well as familiar Western Conference foes New Mexico United and Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC.
In addition to today's earlier announcement regarding the nationally-televised opener against FC Tulsa on July 13 at Taft Stadium, the Greens will play the following fixtures:
@ Austin Bold FC, Bold Stadium, Austin, Texas, July 17 vs Rio Grande Valley FC, Taft Stadium, OKC, July 22 @ Sporting Kansas City II, Children's Mercy Park, Kansas City, July 25 vs New Mexico United, Taft Stadium, August 1 vs San Antonio FC, Taft Stadium, August 8 vs Rio Grande Valley FC, Taft Stadium, August 15 @ San Antonio FC, Toyota Field, San Antonio, August 19 vs Austin Bold FC, Taft Stadium, August 30 @ Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC, Weidner Field, Colorado Springs, September 5 @ FC Tulsa, ONEOK Field, Tulsa, September 12 @ San Antonio FC, September 19 vs Austin Bold FC, Taft Stadium, September 27 @ FC Tulsa, September 30 @ Rio Grande Valley FC, H-E-B Park, Edinburg, Texas, October 3
The Black Gold Derby could be decided on September 30 as Energy FC travels to Tulsa, the second of two meetings between the clubs at that venue in the month.
The regular season concludes the opening weekend of October with a trip to Edinburg, Texas to face Rio Grande Valley for a third time.
Every game of the 2020 USL Championship season will air on the ESPN family of networks, with broadcasts on ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+ bringing all the excitement of the first league in the United States to return to play in home markets directly to homes across the United States.
General admission tickets for the opener against FC Tulsa on July 13 will go on sale Tuesday, July 7 at 10 a.m. CT. Fans can register for tickets ahead of time here. Information regarding available tickets for additional games will be made available in the coming weeks.
Energy FC is committed to providing a safe and entertaining experience at all seven remaining home games. For more information on procedures that will be in place at Taft Stadium, please visit energyfc.com/procedures.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 2, 2020
- Republic FC to Resume USL Season at Home on Monday, July 13 - Sacramento Republic FC
- RGV FC Reveals New USL Championship Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Indy Eleven 2020 Regular Season Schedule Set - Indy Eleven
- Philadelphia Union II Announce Updated 2020 Regular-Season Schedule - Philadelphia Union II
- USL Announces 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Saint Louis FC
- OCSC to Resume Play with 15 Matches, Including 7 at Home - Orange County SC
- Atlanta United 2 Releases 2020 USL Championship Schedule - Atlanta United 2
- 2020 USL Championship Schedule Unveiled - Reno 1868 FC
- Riverhounds SC's 16-Game Revised Schedule Unveiled - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Switchbacks FC Unveil Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Unveils 2020 Return to Play Schedule - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Charlotte Independence Release Schedule - Charlotte Independence
- Real Monarchs Announce Full Schedule for 2020 USL Championship Season - Real Monarchs SLC
- Louisville City FC's Revised Schedule Released - Louisville City FC
- San Antonio FC Announces Updated 2020 USL Championship Schedule - San Antonio FC
- Hartford Athletic Announces 2020 USL Championship Schedule - Hartford Athletic
- USL Championship Unveils Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - USL
- FC Tulsa Unveils Full 2020 USL Championship Schedule - FC Tulsa
- North Carolina FC Set to Return to Play with Schedule Announcement - North Carolina FC
- Loudoun United FC Announce Schedule for 2020 USL Championship Season - Loudoun United FC
- Rising Releases Full Schedule for Resumption of 2020 Season - Phoenix Rising FC
- Memphis 901 FC Releases Return to Play Schedule - Memphis 901 FC
- New Mexico United Announces Full Return-To-Play Schedule - New Mexico United
- Usl Championship Unveils Revised 2020 Regular Season Schedule - OKC Energy FC
- Reno 1868 to Face Sacramento Republic FC on ESPN2 - Reno 1868 FC
- Hounds to Battle Indy Eleven in Home Opener, Game to be Aired on ESPN2 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- North Carolina FC Included in USL's National ESPN2 Broadcast Lineup - North Carolina FC
- Orange County SC to Resume Play on ESPN2 July 16th - Orange County SC
- USL Championship Announces Opening ESPN2 Broadcast Lineup - USL
- Legion FC to Open Season July 15 at Home vs. Memphis 901 FC on ESPN2 - Birmingham Legion FC
- ESPN2 Schedule for July Announced - USL
- Real Monarchs to Open Rio Tinto Stadium on July 11 for First Match with Fans in Attendance - Real Monarchs SLC
- Indy Eleven to Restart 2020 Season at Home Next Saturday, July 11 - Indy Eleven
- Energy FC to Host Tulsa in Return to Play Opener - OKC Energy FC
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Atlanta United 2 Season Resumes on July 11 - Atlanta United 2
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - USL
- USL Championship Announces Opening Weekend Schedule - New Mexico United
- Phoenix Rising and the USL Championship to Become First Professional American Sports League to Return to Play in Its Local Markets - Phoenix Rising FC
- FC Tulsa to Restart 2020 Season with Nationally Televised Rivalry Match - FC Tulsa
- Switchbacks FC Home Opener July 11 - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Set to Host Rio Grande Valley FC in Return to Play Opener - El Paso Locomotive FC
- STLFC Approved to Open at 50% Capacity - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.