IceRays Acquire Kurtis Dulle From Allen
The Corpus Christi IceRays acquired former CHL All-Star defenseman Kurtis Dulle (pronounced DOO-lee) from the Allen Americans in exchange for future considerations, IceRays General Manager/Senior VP, Pat Dunn announced Friday. The IceRays are in Allen to play the Americans tonight, but Dulle will not be playing in the contest. He is expected to join the team and debut with the IceRays on Saturday night in Laredo. Dulle and the IceRays will return on Sunday to the American Bank Center on Faith and Family Night at 5:05pm. For more information please call the IceRays at 361.814.PUCK.
Dulle, 30, joins the IceRays to conclude his sixth pro season - the majority of which has been spent in the Central Hockey League. Corpus Christi becomes the sixth CHL stop for the defenseman who, spent most of his career with the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees. Dulle has played in 299 career games - 157 of which were for the Bees. He has also played a season with Tulsa and Youngstown, before short stints this year with Colorado and Allen. In 27 combined games this season with Rio Grande Valley, Colorado, and Allen, Dulle has 11 points (4 goals, 7 assists) and 28 PIM. Aside from his time in the CHL, Dulle also played 17 games as a rookie with the Victoria Salmon Kings, and in 2007-08, he played six pro games in Sweden. Overall, in his career, Dulle has 143 points (33 goals, 110 assists).
The Craik, Saskatchewan was an All-Star in 2006-2007 when he had seven goals and 33 assists. That year he was voted Tulsa's best offensive defenseman. The following season, he was named Youngstown's most valuable defenseman when he shared a locker room with IceRays forwards Chris Richards and Ryan Bennett.
The IceRays will continue their four game road trip in Allen on Friday and Laredo on Saturday. The Rays will return home on Sunday at 5:05pm to host the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees on Faith and Family Night. Pre-game festivities including a pre-game concert from the James Roots Band begin at 3:15pm and the doors open at 2:45pm. It's also another installment of the Fine Jewelry Outlet Great Diamond Giveaway where one fan is guaranteed to win a $7,000 diamond at the game. Simply register for free at FJO in the Sunrise Mall, then attend Sunday's game for your chance to win. For more information, please call the IceRays at 361.814.PUCK or visit them online at www.goicerays.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 29, 2010
- Bucked in Laredo, Brahmas drop one 3-1 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mudbugs Sting Killer Bees Again, Win 6-3 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Americans win home debut in blue over Corpus Christi 6-3 - Allen Americans
- Allen Americans beat IceRays 6-3 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bucks Move Into Third, Donate $10,000 - Laredo Bucks
- Eagles Start Road Trip With OT Win - Colorado Eagles
- Sibbald, RiverKings Stop Thunder, Win Fifth Straight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mavericks' Strong Start Fades in 5-2 Loss to Rush - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks Win Second Straight Overtime Game, 2-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sundogs Earn Point in 2-1 Overtime Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Kings Beat Thunder in Tight Contest - Wichita Thunder
- Hanson Activated, Bartolone Placed On 14-Day I.R. - Arizona Sundogs
- IceRays Acquire Kurtis Dulle From Allen - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Watch The IceRays' Friday & Saturday Games For Free - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Jacks Game Notes - Odessa Jackalopes
- RiverKings Face Thunder In Wichita Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Eagles Fans Help Raise Over $8k For Haiti Relief - Colorado Eagles
- Bucks Owner Glenn Hart Joins Bucky On LEC Roof - Laredo Bucks
- Tonight's Game Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Bowers Called Up To Abbotsford Heat - Allen Americans
- Bucky On LEC Roof Until Tonight's Game Is Sold Out - Laredo Bucks
- Shots From The Point For January 29, 2010 - CHL
- Rush Drop Second Straight Shootout, 4-3 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Don'T Forget About Justin Quenneville's Retirement Party Tonight
- IceRays Host Street Hockey Challenge
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
- IceRays Fall 5-4 In Overtime To Brahmas, Trail Series 1-0
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale