Hurricanes Select Pair of Forwards in CHL Import Draft
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club selected 2003-born forward Yegor Klavdiev and 2004-born forward Peter Repcik on Wednesday in the 2021 Canadian Hockey League Import Draft.
Klavdiev, 18, was selected with the 11th overall pick. The Minsk, Belarus product recorded 11 points (6g-5a) along with 13 penalty minutes in 24 regular season games with the Belarus Under-18 team. He played an additional 13 regular season games with Dinamo-Molodechno of the Belarusian ExtraLeague A where he recorded four points (2g-2a) where he added three additional points in five post-season games.
"After watching Klavdiev at the World Under-18 Championship in Dallas this spring, we liked what we were able to see and got a good sense of what his potential could be," said Hurricanes General Manager Peter Anholt. "We think he will be able to fit into our forward group for next season."
Klavdiev also suited up with Minskie Zubry for one regular season game, along with seven playoff games where he totaled six points (2g-4a) and four penalty minutes. The 5'11, 175-pound forward also collected three points (1g-2a) along with four penalty minutes representing Belarus at the World Under-18 Championships. In 2019-2020, he also appeared in 34 games with the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders of the United States Hockey League collecting six points.
Repcik, 17, was selected with the 115th overall pick. The Kosice, Slovakia product skated in 27 games in 2020-2021 with Team Slovakia Under-18 team where he totaled 24 points (9g-15a) along with 20 penalty minutes. He also skated in three games with the Slovakia Under-20 team collecting two assists. The 6'0, 175-pound forward picked up five points (4g-1a) and two penalty minutes in three games Internationally with Slovakia U-18.
"We're happy to get Repcik where we did and to be able to add to our 2004 age group," added Anholt. "He has some skill and we think he has the potential to eventually be a good player at our level."
Repcik racked up 80 points (35g-45a) along with 34 penalty minutes and a plus-43 rating in 2019-2020 with HC Kosice Under-18 team in the Slovakia Under-18 league. He also had two goals in 13-games with the Slovakia Under-16 team in 2019-20.
The Hurricanes open the 2021-2022 regular season schedule on Friday, October 1st when they welcome the Calgary Hitmen to the ENMAX Centre. Season Tickets for the 68-game season are now available by calling 403-328-1986.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 30, 2021
- Silvertips Select RW Niko Huuhtanen of Finland, Second Overall in the 2021 CHL Import Draft - Everett Silvertips
- Kamloops Blazers Statement on President & COO, Don Moores - Kamloops Blazers
- Blades Add Two European Forwards in 2021 CHL Import Draft - Saskatoon Blades
- Bocharov to Represent USA at the 2021 Hlinka Gretzky Cup - Saskatoon Blades
- Americans Select Moravec in 2021 CHL Import Draft - Tri-City Americans
- Hitmen Select Two Players in 2021 CHL Import Draft - Calgary Hitmen
- WHL Clubs Select 32 Players from 12 Countries in 2021 CHL Import Draft - WHL
- Cougars Select Two Players in CHL Import Draft - Prince George Cougars
- T-Birds Select Alessandro Segafredo and Leon Okonkwo Prada in 2021 CHL Import Draft - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Broncos Add Forward and Defenceman in 2021 CHL Import Draft - Swift Current Broncos
- Tigers Select Two in 2021 Import Draft - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Rebels' Import Draft Selection Has Excelled While Competing against Older Players - Red Deer Rebels
- Chiefs Make Two Picks in 2021 CHL Import Draft - Spokane Chiefs
- Mallette Inks Extension - Kelowna Rockets
- Victoria Royals Select Sebastian Wraneschitz in 2021 CHL Import Draft - Victoria Royals
- Hurricanes Select Pair of Forwards in CHL Import Draft - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Winnipeg ICE Bolster Defence in 2021 CHL Import Draft - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings Select Forward from Belarus - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Roman Makarov Selected by Blazers in CHL Import Draft - Kamloops Blazers
- Rebels Select Frantisek Formanek in Import Draft - Red Deer Rebels
- Pats Pick Kemell 32nd in CHL Import Draft, Suzdalev 95th Overall - Regina Pats
- Rockets Select Szturc In Import Draft - Kelowna Rockets
- Warriors Select Robert Baco in 2021 CHL Import Draft - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Winterhawks Select Defenseman Marek Alscher in CHL Import Draft - Portland Winterhawks
- Oil Kings Select Jakub Demek in CHL Import Draft - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Giants Select Golden Knights Prospect Jesper Vikman in the 2021 CHL Import Draft - Vancouver Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.