Hot Rods Game Notes Season Finale
The Hot Rods look to secure a victory in the regular-season finale. Today's game is the regular season finale with the High-A East Championship Series beginning on Tuesday in Greensboro, NC with a 5:35 PM CT first pitch.
Yesterday... The Bowling Green offense exploded in their 10-2 win over Wilmington on Saturday. Brett Wisely got the offense started in the first with a solo homer, and the offense never looked back. They scored nine runs between the third and sixth inning, jumping out to a 10-0 lead. The Blue Rocks scored two runs in the seventh, but Alan Strong and Angel Felipe had scoreless outings to close out the game with a 10-2 win.
Closing in on 200... Hot Rods hitters have combined for 197 home runs leading into the final game of the regular season. Bowling Green broke their single-season franchise record for home runs earlier this season. The previous record was 106 set back in 2011.
Top of the List... A new Hot Rods home run champion was crowned on Friday when Jordan Qsar sprinted around the bases for an inside-the-park home run. It was the 23rd four-bagger this year for Qsar, passing Derek Dietrich who set the record with 22 during the 2011season. Grant Witherspoon and Evan Edwards are looking to pass the mark themselves, both sitting at 22 long balls on the season.
The Series is Set... The Greensboro Grasshoppers secured their spot as Bowling Green's opponent in the High-A East Championship Series with a 5-2 win Thursday night. Greensboro has hit 178 homers, maintained a .257 team batting average, and posted a 4.71 team ERA. Jared Triolo and Nick Gonzalez occupy two of the top four spots in batting average in the High-A East. The Hot Rods had a .260 with a 4.00 team ERA, all while blasting a franchise-record 194 homers. Evan Edwards, Jordan Qsar, and Grant Witherspoon are all tied for third place in the High-A East with 22 homers. The series starts in Greensboro on September 21 with a 5:30 PM CT first pitch.
80 Wins... For the sixth time in franchise history, the Hot Rods have won 80 games in a season. Bowling Green racked up 80 wins during the 2019, 2018, 2016, 2013, and 2012 seasons, along with 2021.
Yesterday's Notes... All nine starters for the Hot Rods had at least one hit... Wisely had his ninth multi-hit game with Bowling Green... He also had his ninth multi-RBI performance... This is the fourth time with BG that he has had three RBIs in a game... Williams had his fourth multi-hit game with the Hot Rods... Infante collected his fourth multi-hit performance since joining Bowling Green... This was his first game with three hits... Trevino had multiple hits for the eighth time this year... The Hot Rods are 53-19 when scoring first... They are 57-4 when outhitting their opponents... The 10-2 win was the largest win since the Hot Rods beat Greensboro 10-0 on August 21st...
Now Pitching: Evan McKendry... Over the 2021 season, Mckendry has racked up 60 strikeouts. Lefties have struck out against McKendry at a rate of 11.2 K/9. Lefties have also hit 1.3 home runs per nine innings. His ERA against left-handed hitting is 5.60, compared to his 3.41 ERA against righties. Right-handed hitters are striking out at 6.2 K/9, but their batting average on balls in play is .235.
• Discuss this story on the High-A East League message board...
High-A East League Stories from September 19, 2021
- Dash Fall 4-3 in Season Finale - Winston-Salem Dash
- Sogard Smashes Two Homers in Drive Season Finale Win, 4-1 - Greenville Drive
- Cyclones Season Ends with 3-1 Loss to BlueClaws - Brooklyn Cyclones
- BlueClaws Finish Season with 3-1 Win in Brooklyn on Sunday - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Hot Rods Rained out in Regular Season Finale on Sunday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Game Notes Season Finale - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (September 19) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Rome Braves, Hickory Crawdads Cancel Final Game of Season - Rome Braves
- Hoppers Lose Next-To-Last Game of Season in 12 Innings - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Gades Get Copa Night Win - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Wisely Drives in Three, Hot Rods Cruise to 10-2 Win on Saturday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bowling Green Hot Rods Stories
- Hot Rods Win High-A East Championship in 6-3 Game-Five Win
- Hot Rods Game Notes - High-A East Championship Game 5
- Hot Rods Force Game Five with 7-5 Win over Greensboro on Monday
- Hot Rods Game Notes - High-A East Championship Series Game 4
- Qsar Racks up Three RBIs in 6-5 Loss, Greensboro Takes 2-1 Series Lead on Sunday