Gades Get Copa Night Win
Everson Pereira drove in four, including the game-winner, as the Hudson Valley Renegades beat the Greensboro Grasshoppers in 12 innings at Dutchess Stadium on Saturday night.
Pereira singled to right-center field to score Pablo Olivares and give the Gades (71-48) the victory.
Pereira gave the Gades an early lead after Greensboro (73-46) scored one in the top of the first. Anthony Volpe led off the bottom of the first with a single to right and Pereira brought him home on his 14th home run of the season.
The Hoppers answered with a run with in the second and the game stayed tied until extra innings.
Matt Sauer allowed two runs on four hits with one walk and six strikeouts over six innings of work to earn a no-decision. Nelvin Correa, Derek Crat, and Matt Minnick rounded out the pitching with Minnick (5-2) earning the win.
Greensboro scored first in extra innings, plating a run in the 10th. The Gades tied the game on a sacrifice fly on Pereira.
The Hoppers scored again in the 11th but Hudson Valley came right back when Elijah Dunham singled to score Austin Wells.
After Minnick kept the Hoppers off the board in the 12th, the stage was set for the Renegades. Pablo Olivares was the "ghost runner" but Luis Santos struck out to start the frame. The Hoppers elected to walk Anthony Volpe and pitch to Pereira.
The 20-year-old Pereira, from Cabudare, Venezuela, made the Hoppers pay on COPA night.
The Gades and Hopperrs finish the 2021 season Snday at Dutchess Stadium.
Per the State of New York, the Renegades are now open at 100% capacity. Tickets continue to be a tremendous value starting as low as $6. Visit HVRenegades.com for ticket information and so much more.
Follow the Renegades on Social Media and listen to the "Renegades Weekly" Podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
• Discuss this story on the High-A East League message board...
High-A East League Stories from September 19, 2021
- Dash Fall 4-3 in Season Finale - Winston-Salem Dash
- Sogard Smashes Two Homers in Drive Season Finale Win, 4-1 - Greenville Drive
- Cyclones Season Ends with 3-1 Loss to BlueClaws - Brooklyn Cyclones
- BlueClaws Finish Season with 3-1 Win in Brooklyn on Sunday - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Hot Rods Rained out in Regular Season Finale on Sunday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Game Notes Season Finale - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (September 19) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Rome Braves, Hickory Crawdads Cancel Final Game of Season - Rome Braves
- Hoppers Lose Next-To-Last Game of Season in 12 Innings - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Gades Get Copa Night Win - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Wisely Drives in Three, Hot Rods Cruise to 10-2 Win on Saturday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.