Honkers Home Opener Postponed Due to Weath and Unplayable Conditions
(Rochester, Minn.)- The Rochester Honkers Baseball Club's 2015 Northwoods League home opener versus the Mankato MoonDogs Tuesday night at Mayo Field was Postponed due to unplayable conditions caused by the weather.
The two teams will now play a double header at Mayo Field on Thursday, June 4th starting at 6:05pm. The teams will play two seven-inning games per league rules.
The Rochester Honkers travel to Mankato, Minn. tomorrow night for the MoonDogs home opener at Franklin Rogers Park, first pitch is at 7:05pm. Jason Yano (Stevens Institute of Technology) is slated to start for Rochester.
Catch all the action on Sports Radio AM 1520 The Ticket as Clinton Cole calls all the action. You can also listen live at rochesterhonkers.com or watch live by logging into northwoodsleague.com and clicking on the Watch Game Live graphic.
The next Rochester Honkers home game will be Thursday, May 28th at 7:05pm when the Alexandria Blue Anchors come to town for a 2 game set. Thursday night's promotion is the World Famous ZOOperstars and Friday night will be the team's first Fireworks Extravaganza following the game. For schedule and ticket information, log on to rochesterhonkers.com or call the business off at 507-289-1170.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from May 26, 2015
- Growlers Drop Season Opener at Madison - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Bullfrogs Drop Close Contest; Harrison Twirls 7 1/3 Strong Innings in Debut - Green Bay Booyah
- Gonsolin Powers Mallards to Victory over Growlers - Madison Mallards
- Lakeshore Chinooks Use Big 8th Inning to Win Opener - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Home Opener Postponed Due to Weath and Unplayable Conditions - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Postponed After Rain Hits Witter Field on Opening Day - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters out to Open Season on a High Note - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- John Kuhn to Appear at Joannes Stadium on Opening Day - Green Bay Booyah
- Hill Gets the Nod for Mallards on Opening Night - Madison Mallards
- Kingfish Host St. Cloud Rox at Simmons Field at 7:05 p.m. Tonight on Opening Day - Kenosha Kingfish
- Three Players Added To Bullfrogs Roster - Green Bay Booyah
- Mallards Announce Partnership with Impact Networking for 2015 Season - Madison Mallards
- Bullfrogs Commence Second Year Under Tutelage of Skip Handelsman - Green Bay Booyah
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.