Kingfish Host St. Cloud Rox at Simmons Field at 7:05 p.m. Tonight on Opening Day
Kenosha, Wis. - The Kenosha Kingfish host the St. Cloud Rox for the season opener at the historic Simmons Field on Tuesday, May 26th, with the first pitch at 7:05 p.m.
Paul Schuster gets the nod for the Kingfish as the opening day starter. Last year for the Kingfish, Schuster posted a 2.45 ERA, second best on the team, across 44 innings pitched. In 23 appearances, the righty finished with a 1-4 record and 10 saves on the year. The right-handed hurler from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville looks to get the Kingfish off to a winning start in their second year in the Northwoods League.
The Rox ended last season with a 37-35 record, tied for fourth place in the Northwoods League North Division. Manager Augie Rodriguez is back for his fourth year coaching the Rox. St. Cloud returns four players from last year's team, including RHP Reese Gregory, who led the team with a 7-2 record.
The Kingfish finished their inaugural campaign in the Northwoods League 41-30, good for third in the Northwoods League South Division and only a half game out of the playoffs last season. Manager and 1969 Miracle Mets team member Duffy Dyer returns for his second year at the helm of the Kingfish. 11 other returning players from the 2014 Kingfish squad will also be back in Kenosha this summer.
The Kingfish continue their home stand against the St. Cloud Rox Wednesday evening at 6:35 p.m. Wednesday's promotion of the game is Wausau Homes Dream Home Build. Enjoy free food, beverage, and kids games at Simmons Field as the Wausau Dream Home is unveiled. The Kingfish are on the road Thursday and then return home Friday, May 29th against the Lakeshore Chinooks at 7:05 p.m.
The Kingfish office is located at 7817 Sheridan Road and is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. For more information on 7-game packs, season or group tickets, please log on to kingfishbaseball.com or call 262.653.0900.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from May 26, 2015
- Growlers Drop Season Opener at Madison - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Bullfrogs Drop Close Contest; Harrison Twirls 7 1/3 Strong Innings in Debut - Green Bay Booyah
- Gonsolin Powers Mallards to Victory over Growlers - Madison Mallards
- Lakeshore Chinooks Use Big 8th Inning to Win Opener - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Home Opener Postponed Due to Weath and Unplayable Conditions - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Postponed After Rain Hits Witter Field on Opening Day - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters out to Open Season on a High Note - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- John Kuhn to Appear at Joannes Stadium on Opening Day - Green Bay Booyah
- Hill Gets the Nod for Mallards on Opening Night - Madison Mallards
- Kingfish Host St. Cloud Rox at Simmons Field at 7:05 p.m. Tonight on Opening Day - Kenosha Kingfish
- Three Players Added To Bullfrogs Roster - Green Bay Booyah
- Mallards Announce Partnership with Impact Networking for 2015 Season - Madison Mallards
- Bullfrogs Commence Second Year Under Tutelage of Skip Handelsman - Green Bay Booyah
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kenosha Kingfish Stories
- Kingfish Close 2020 Kenosha Series with 8-5 WIn
- Kingfish Defeat Bobbers 18-0 in Record Setting Night
- Bobbers Stop Eight Game Skid with 8-3 Win over Kingfish
- Kingfish Win Eighth Straight to Tie Team Record Win Streak
- Kingfish Take 2020 Kenosha Series with 7th Straight Win