Three Players Added To Bullfrogs Roster
Green Bay, Wis.- The Green Bay Bullfrogs added three more players to their roster. Pitchers Jack Silberman, shortstop Earl Vorpagel and third baseman Billy Mullins are the most recent players to join the Bullfrogs for the 2015 season.
Silberman is a senior left-handed hurler from Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida (Deerfield/Deerfield H.S.). In the spring, he was one of the Tritons best players. His 3.59 ERA and 5 wins were tops for any Eckerd starting pitcher. In 52 2/3 innings pitched, he only walked nine batters, with 30 strikeouts. In his last two starts, he combined for 13 2/3 innings pitched in wins against Florida Southern and fourth-ranked Nova Southeastern.
Pitching in the most competitive Division II group in the nation, the Sunshine State Conference, Silberman managed a 2.70 ERA in 13 appearances with a start as a sophomore. Prior to Eckerd, Silberman was selected to the Chicago area Central Suburban North All-Conference team and Senior All-Star team. He is a Business Administration Major.
Vorpagel is a junior from Green Bay, Wis. (Ashwaubenon H.S.) and has been an engine in the Sabers' lineup. In addition to playing middle infield, Vorpagel is also a right-handed pitcher. He led Marian with a .398 batting average, 66 hits, 166 at-bats, and .446 on-base percentage. He also paced the Division III Sabres with nine stolen bags and only struck out 16 times. He also manufactured 7 2/3 innings pitched with 2 saves. The Ashwaubenon product is a Sport and Recreation Management Major.
Mullins comes to Green Bay from West Valley College in Saratoga, California. He led the Vikings in nearly every offensive category. The San Lorenzo, California native hit .379 this spring with a .426 on-base percentage and slugged .526. Mullins also pitched a team-high 63 innings and struck out 40 batters. Prior to this season, Mullins had a .404 batting average as a freshman for West Valley, which is part of the Coast Conference in the California Community College Athletic Association.
Images from this story
Green Bay Bullfrogs Signee Jack Silberman
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from May 26, 2015
- Growlers Drop Season Opener at Madison - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Bullfrogs Drop Close Contest; Harrison Twirls 7 1/3 Strong Innings in Debut - Green Bay Booyah
- Gonsolin Powers Mallards to Victory over Growlers - Madison Mallards
- Lakeshore Chinooks Use Big 8th Inning to Win Opener - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Home Opener Postponed Due to Weath and Unplayable Conditions - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Postponed After Rain Hits Witter Field on Opening Day - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters out to Open Season on a High Note - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- John Kuhn to Appear at Joannes Stadium on Opening Day - Green Bay Booyah
- Hill Gets the Nod for Mallards on Opening Night - Madison Mallards
- Kingfish Host St. Cloud Rox at Simmons Field at 7:05 p.m. Tonight on Opening Day - Kenosha Kingfish
- Three Players Added To Bullfrogs Roster - Green Bay Booyah
- Mallards Announce Partnership with Impact Networking for 2015 Season - Madison Mallards
- Bullfrogs Commence Second Year Under Tutelage of Skip Handelsman - Green Bay Booyah
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.