High-Profile NCAA Grads Join Beast Roster
BRAMPTON, ON - The Brampton Beast, ECHL affiliate of the St. John's IceCaps and the Montreal Canadiens, announced today that the IceCaps have reassigned forward Mark MacMillan and defenseman Josiah Didier to the Beast.
MacMillan, 23, hails from Penticton, British Columbia and spent the last four seasons playing with the prestigious University of North Dakota NCAA program and emerged as a true blue-chip prospect.
A fourth round pick of the Montreal Canadiens in 2010, he recorded 99 points in 151 games with North Dakota and collected his fair share of hardware at the end of the 2014-15 season.
In addition to finding his scoring touch with 16 goals in 29 games, he proved he's a great player away from the puck in earning the NCAA's National Collegiate Hockey Conference award as Best Defensive Forward as well a spot on the First All-Star Team, much to the delight of Beast Head Coach Colin Chaulk.
"Mark is a great two-way centreman who can kill penalties and take key face offs. We're excited to have him," Chaulk said.
Didier, also a fourth round pick of the Canadiens, spent his four-year college career with the NCAA's University of Denver, where he suited up for 148 career games as one of the league's top shutdown defensemen, recording four goals and 29 assists.
He made his professional debut at the end of the 2014-15 season with the Hamilton Bulldogs and chipped in with one assist and five penalty minutes in eight games played and Coach Chaulk believes his wealth of experience will prove to be valuable for the Beast.
"He is a solid puck-moving defenseman who defends well and makes a great first pass. He's a great addition to our blue line."
Single game tickets for the Beast's Home Opener on Friday, October 23rd against the Adirondack Thunder are now available, starting at $16.25. Trial Packs for the 2015-16 season are also available starting at $39.99 that include three game tickets. For more information or general media inquiries on the Brampton Beast please contact Chris Ballard, Public Relations Coordinator at (905) 564-1684 or email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2015
- Orlando Outguns Admirals to Hand Norfolk Second Road Loss - Norfolk Admirals
- High-Profile NCAA Grads Join Beast Roster - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Acquire Patch Alber from Missouri - Adirondack Thunder
- Rankin Heads to the AHL - Toledo Walleye
- DeSousa Returns to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Drayson Bowman Receives Call-Up to AHL - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Weekend Preview: IceMen vs. Toledo, 7:15pm Saturday - Evansville IceMen
- Tampa Bay Loans Brian Hart to Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - October 22 - ECHL
- Idaho Claims Shootout Win over Aces - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads Top Aces in the Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Rally in the Third for 3-1 Win over Colorado - Allen Americans
- Americans Rally in Third Period to Defeat Eagles 3-1 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.