Rankin Heads to the AHL
Toledo, OH - Forward Evan Rankin has been loaned to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the American Hockey League.
Rankin has one goal in two games this year with the Walleye. In 145 total games with Toledo, he has 66 goals, 65 assists and 130 points, second most in Walleye history in all three categories. The 29-year-old forward set a career best with 33 goals during the 2009-10 season (32 in Toledo, 1 in Manitoba) and followed that up with a personal high of 33 assists in 2010-11 (32 in Toledo, 1 in Grand Rapids).
Starting in 2009-10 Rankin has skated in 191 games at the AHL level (55G, 53A). Most of those with Rochester starting in 2012 with 15 goals and 14 assists in 35 games played. The 6'1", 185-pound forward spent all of 2013-14 with the Americans collecting 31 points (14G, 17A) in 48 games. He posted another 30 point season (16G, 14A) the following year while skating in Syracuse.
Prior to turning professional, Rankin spent four years at the University of Notre Dame. He had 41 points (20G, 21A) in 143 games with the Irish including 19 points (8G, 11A) during his senior season.
Toledo skates in Kalamazoo Friday and Evansville on Saturday this weekend. The Phantoms play a home at home series starting Friday night in Providence before hosting the Bruins Saturday and Toronto Sunday.
Walleye season home opener is Saturday, November 7 against Adirondack. Puck drops at 7:15 following a special banner raising ceremony for the Brabham Cup and North Division Champion Toledo Walleye. For tickets call 419-725-9255 or visit www.toledowalleye.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2015
- Orlando Outguns Admirals to Hand Norfolk Second Road Loss - Norfolk Admirals
- High-Profile NCAA Grads Join Beast Roster - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Acquire Patch Alber from Missouri - Adirondack Thunder
- Rankin Heads to the AHL - Toledo Walleye
- DeSousa Returns to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Drayson Bowman Receives Call-Up to AHL - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Weekend Preview: IceMen vs. Toledo, 7:15pm Saturday - Evansville IceMen
- Tampa Bay Loans Brian Hart to Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - October 22 - ECHL
- Idaho Claims Shootout Win over Aces - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads Top Aces in the Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Rally in the Third for 3-1 Win over Colorado - Allen Americans
- Americans Rally in Third Period to Defeat Eagles 3-1 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.