Americans Rally in the Third for 3-1 Win over Colorado
Loveland, Colorado - The Allen Americans won their first road game of the season Wednesday night, beating the Colorado Eagles 3-1 at Budweiser Events Center.
After a scoreless first period, the Colorado Eagles struck first when Colin Bowman found the back of the net for his second of the year, to give Colorado 1-0 lead and the Eagles appeared to be in control leading in shots on goal 21-11 after two periods of play.
The Americans got their game going in the final frame. First, it was Casey Pierro-Zabotel scoring shorthanded for his first of the season, unassisted. Then Tristan King poked one home from in front of the Eagles net for his second of the year, from Greger Hanson and Casey Pierro-Zabotel to make it 2-1 Allen. The Americans would add an empty-netter late, as Danny Federico sent one almost the length of the ice for his first career goal and secured Allen's 3-1 win.
This was the Americans first road win of the season, as they evened their record at 2-2-0 on the season. The next road game is Friday night from Salt Lake City against the Utah Grizzlies. The Americans next home game is October 31, against the Missouri Mavericks. Tickets are on sale NOW at www.ticketmaster.com or call (972) 912-1000.
Tonight's Warp 9 Computer 3 Stars of the Game
1) Joel Rumpel
2) Colin Bowman
3) Colin Joe
Images from this story
Allen Americans and Colorado Eagles Pileup in Front of Eagles Goal
(Standout Imagery/Colorado Eagles)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2015
- Orlando Outguns Admirals to Hand Norfolk Second Road Loss - Norfolk Admirals
- High-Profile NCAA Grads Join Beast Roster - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Acquire Patch Alber from Missouri - Adirondack Thunder
- Rankin Heads to the AHL - Toledo Walleye
- DeSousa Returns to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Drayson Bowman Receives Call-Up to AHL - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Weekend Preview: IceMen vs. Toledo, 7:15pm Saturday - Evansville IceMen
- Tampa Bay Loans Brian Hart to Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - October 22 - ECHL
- Idaho Claims Shootout Win over Aces - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads Top Aces in the Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Rally in the Third for 3-1 Win over Colorado - Allen Americans
- Americans Rally in Third Period to Defeat Eagles 3-1 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.