Idaho Claims Shootout Win over Aces
ANCHORAGE, AK-After the Aces and Steelheads battled to a 3-3 overtime tie, Idaho claimed the shootout to grab two points in their ECHL game Wednesday night at the Sullivan Arena.
Alaska grabbed a 1-0 first-period lead with Dean Chelios knocking the puck toward the net in a goalmouth scrum. It deflected into the net for his first goal of the season.
Idaho answered with goals from Brandon Magee and Colton Beck to lead 2-1 at the end of 1.
After a scoreless second period, Alaska's Patrick Wellar and Gleason Fournier scored goals to give the Aces a lead. Wellar struck on a 4-4, then Fournier's power play tally made it 3-2 Aces.
The Steelheads would spoil the party, turning an Aces defensive zone turnover into the game-tying goal by Andre Bouvet-Morrissette with just 3:15 to go in regulation.
Both teams had chances in the 3 on 3 overtime but went scoreless.
In the shootout, Emil Molin and Carson McMillan found the back of the net on Alaska netminder Troy Redmann. The Aces did not score in the shootout.
Redmann finished with 36 saves on the night. Steelheads goalie Eric Hartzell made 35 saves.
The three-game series resumes Friday night in Anchorage.
Tickets are on sale for this weekend's games against rival Idaho!
The games are Friday and Saturday at 7:15pm at the Sullivan Arena.
Get your tickets today and join your friends at the game!
Order your tickets online at alaskaaces.com or stop by the Aces ticket office at 15th and Gambell Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2015
- Orlando Outguns Admirals to Hand Norfolk Second Road Loss - Norfolk Admirals
- High-Profile NCAA Grads Join Beast Roster - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Acquire Patch Alber from Missouri - Adirondack Thunder
- Rankin Heads to the AHL - Toledo Walleye
- DeSousa Returns to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Drayson Bowman Receives Call-Up to AHL - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Weekend Preview: IceMen vs. Toledo, 7:15pm Saturday - Evansville IceMen
- Tampa Bay Loans Brian Hart to Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - October 22 - ECHL
- Idaho Claims Shootout Win over Aces - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads Top Aces in the Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Rally in the Third for 3-1 Win over Colorado - Allen Americans
- Americans Rally in Third Period to Defeat Eagles 3-1 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.