DeSousa Returns to Rockford
INDIANAPOLIS - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs announced Thursday the recall of forward Chris DeSousa from the ECHL's Indy Fuel.
A 25-year-old rookie from Mississauga, Ontario, DeSousa had appeared in both of Indy's games so far this season, picking up an assist and nine penalty minutes. The 5-foot-9, 190-pound forward posted 16 points (7g, 9a) in 20 games with the Fuel last year, joining the club after completing his four-year college career at the University of Prince Edward Island. DeSousa signed an AHL contract with Rockford back in June, and earned an invitation to the Chicago Blackhawks training camp, where he appeared in one preseason game.
The Fuel continue their four-game road swing on Friday night when they play the first half of a weekend doubleheader against the Fort Wayne Komets. Face-off from the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum is scheduled for 8 p.m. on Friday, and 7:30 p.m. on Saturday night.
NEXT HOME GAME: Friday, October 30 vs. Fort Wayne Komets - 7:35 p.m. Indy returns to Indiana Farmers Coliseum to "Fuel the Fight" against breast cancer in their second annual Pink in the Rink Night, presented by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. The Fuel will sport special pink jerseys during their battle with the Komets, which will be available after the game during a post-game auction, with all net proceeds benefitting Susan G. Komen Central Indiana. All in attendance will also receive a free pink Fuel buff.
Single-game tickets are now on sale at Ticketmaster or at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum box office, while a variety of different ticket plans and group specials are available by calling (317) 925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com. Don't miss out on anything from the Fuel in 2015-16, follow the team on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and don't forget to 'Like' the Fuel on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2015
- Orlando Outguns Admirals to Hand Norfolk Second Road Loss - Norfolk Admirals
- High-Profile NCAA Grads Join Beast Roster - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Acquire Patch Alber from Missouri - Adirondack Thunder
- Rankin Heads to the AHL - Toledo Walleye
- DeSousa Returns to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Drayson Bowman Receives Call-Up to AHL - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Transactions - October 22 - ECHL
- Weekend Preview: IceMen vs. Toledo, 7:15pm Saturday - Evansville IceMen
- Tampa Bay Loans Brian Hart to Greenville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - October 22 - ECHL
- Idaho Claims Shootout Win over Aces - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads Top Aces in the Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans Rally in the Third for 3-1 Win over Colorado - Allen Americans
- Americans Rally in Third Period to Defeat Eagles 3-1 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.