Herd Hits Bullseye in Win over Windy City
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, beat the Windy City Bulls 113-109. The Herd was up by one with one minute left but last-minute free throws secured the win for the Herd. Wisconsin was led with three players posting a double-double.
Sandro Mamukelashvili was on top for both teams with 24 points and 10 rebounds while Lindell Wigginton added 19 points. Rayjon Tucker posted a double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds while Jemerrio Jones added another double-double of 16 points and 10 rebounds.
The Bulls were led by Daniel Oturu with 19 points while Ethan Thompson added 17 points.
The Bulls started the game going 4-0 till Lindell Wigginton hit a three and Rayjon Tucker had a dunk to put the Herd in the lead 5-4. The two teams battled back and forth throughout the first quarter resulting in six lead changes and six times tied. Neither team led by more than four points. At the end of the first quarter, the teams were tied 27-27. Sandro Mamukelashvili led the Herd with seven points and four rebounds.
The Bulls started the second quarter hitting a three to go up 30-27. The Herd took the lead back twice until the Bulls gained a lead of nine points with 5:30 left in the quarter. The Herd came within five points several times, before cutting the Bulls lead to three at the half, 60-57. Jemerrio Jones led with 12 points going 100% from the field.
Sandro Mamukelashvili scored the first four points of the half for the Herd to bring them within two points of the Bulls. The Herd stayed close until Terry Larrier hit a three to put the Herd in the lead 74-73 with 4:30 left in the third quarter. Jeff Dowtin hit a three to put the Herd up by four with two minutes left in the third quarter. Wisconsin outscored Windy City 7-4 in the last two minutes to lead at the end of the third 91-84.
The Herd started the fourth quarter going 4-0 to take an 11-point lead, 95-84. The Bulls came within one, but the Herd built their lead to go up by eight with five minutes left. The Bulls came back to within one point with two minutes left. Lindell Wigginton hit a layup to help the Herd go up 111-107 with 24 seconds left. Jeff Dowtin converted 1-2 for free throws to put the Herd up 112-109.
The Herd will return home on Wednesday, January 19th when they host the Lakeland Magic with tip-off set for 11:30 a.m. CST.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 16, 2022
- Wolves Move to 4-0 in Regular Season with 113-99 Road Win over South Bay - Iowa Wolves
- Capital City Acquires 1st-Round Pick, Ferrell in Trade with Salt Lake City - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Bulls Come up Short against Herd - Windy City Bulls
- Herd Hits Bullseye in Win over Windy City - Wisconsin Herd
- Late Rally Pushes Hustle over Force 107-99 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Three-Point Barrage Lifts Squadron Past Stars, 123-110 - Birmingham Squadron
- Blue Coats Top Gold 115-111 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Greensboro Swarm Will Play Tomorrow Versus Capital City Go-Go Without Fans for Safety Reasons - Greensboro Swarm
- Stars Defeated by Squadron - Salt Lake City Stars
- Fort Wayne Overwhelms Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Reacquires Javonte Smart - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Vipers Fall to Agua Caliente After Double Overtime - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Clippers Strike Down Vipers in Double-OT - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Carlik Jones Leads Sweep of Santa Cruz in OT Thriller - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- The Herd Gives Back to the Community
- Wisconsin Herd Announces Initial Six Home Dates for Fifth Anniversary Season
- Wisconsin Herd Raises over $12,000 for Local Charities
- Wisconsin Herd Awarded Inaugural President's Choice Award and President Steve Brandes Named Executive of the Year
- Milwaukee Bucks Sign Rayjon Tucker