Blue Coats Top Gold 115-111
WILMINGTON, DE - The Grand Rapids Gold (3-2) fell to the Delaware Blue Coats (2-2) in the final minutes of the fourth, despite making an impressive comeback from a 27-point deficit in the second half. Although the Gold battled shooting woes behind the arc, their ability to effectively crash the boards resulted in 24 second chance points (10/19) compared to only 5 (2/6) points for the home team, keeping the Gold within reach. But the Gold's 26 turnovers are what worked against Grand Rapids tonight, which converted into 33 points for the Blue Coats.
Matt Ryan was a force for the Gold's offense tonight, earning a game-high 39 points, which is also another new career-high for Ryan, which was previously set on January 8 against the Cleveland Charge. Ryan also had 5 rebounds and 5 assists. Big man Tarik Black hustled up an impressive double-double with 14 points, 15 rebounds, and 2 assists. Guard Trevon Duval contributed another 14 points to go along with 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals. Nuggets two-way player Markus Howard added 14 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 assists to Grand Rapids' stat line, and Quade Green earned another 13 points, 5 assists, and 2 steals for the away team.
Shaquille Harrison was a bright spot for the Blue Coats, racking up 27 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals. Haywood Highsmith added 25 points, 2 rebounds, and 3 steals to the mix. Guard Jaden Springer followed up with 22 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, and 5 steals. Braxton Key contributed another 19 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals for the home team.
The Gold will seek redemption against the Blue Coats tomorrow at the Chase Fieldhouse in Wilmington, DE. Tipoff is at 1 p.m. EST. Watch live on NBAGLeague.com
Full Game >>> https://bit.ly/3nsRjji
Box Score >>> https://on.nba.com/3nw5DHZ
Matt Ryan (39 pts) >>> https://bit.ly/3tybosv
Tarik Black (14 pts) >>> https://bit.ly/3fx5hfy
Trevon Duval (14 pts) >>> https://bit.ly/3nxB3h4
Markus Howard (14 pts) >>> https://bit.ly/3KdRNUe
Quade Green (13 pts) >>> https://bit.ly/3nzzZJt
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 16, 2022
- Wolves Move to 4-0 in Regular Season with 113-99 Road Win over South Bay - Iowa Wolves
- Capital City Acquires 1st-Round Pick, Ferrell in Trade with Salt Lake City - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Bulls Come up Short against Herd - Windy City Bulls
- Herd Hits Bullseye in Win over Windy City - Wisconsin Herd
- Late Rally Pushes Hustle over Force 107-99 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Three-Point Barrage Lifts Squadron Past Stars, 123-110 - Birmingham Squadron
- Blue Coats Top Gold 115-111 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Greensboro Swarm Will Play Tomorrow Versus Capital City Go-Go Without Fans for Safety Reasons - Greensboro Swarm
- Stars Defeated by Squadron - Salt Lake City Stars
- Fort Wayne Overwhelms Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Reacquires Javonte Smart - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Vipers Fall to Agua Caliente After Double Overtime - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Clippers Strike Down Vipers in Double-OT - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Carlik Jones Leads Sweep of Santa Cruz in OT Thriller - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.