Henderson Ends Home Stand with 4-3 Victory
Four goals in the second period lifted the Silver Knights to a 4-3 win over the Colorado Eagles Saturday night at Orleans Arena.
HOW IT WENT DOWN
The opening frame started as a defensive battle until Colorado rebounded one into the net late in the period to take the 1-0 lead. The Eagles scored once again early in the second to extend their lead 2-0. A Carl Dahlstrom one-timer off the face-off was deflected by Tomas Jurco to cut the deficit to 2-1. Henderson evened the game at 2-2 when Dylan Sikura found a diving Paul Cotter. Moments later the Silver Knights gained their first lead of the game with Jimmy Schudlt's rocket one-timer. Henderson notched their fourth goal of the period when Lucas Elvenes rebounded the puck to end the second period up 4-2. 14:14 into the third period Conor Timmins scored a power play goal for Colorado to make the score 4-3. Logan Thompson held off the late Colorado attack to secure the victory, 4-3.
The Silver Knights will head to Tucson for the first of six straight road games. The match up will take place at 5:30 p.m. PT at Tucson Convention Center. Watch on AHLTV and listen on 1230 The Game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 28, 2021
- Moose Falter to Laval 5-3 - Manitoba Moose
- Rees, Wolves Earn Rollercoaster Win in Rockford - Chicago Wolves
- Stars Drop Final Game in Cleveland - Texas Stars
- Monsters 5-2 Victory over Stars Closes Homestand on High Note - Cleveland Monsters
- Capitals Re-Sign Hershey Netminder Zach Fucale - Hershey Bears
- Moulson Scores Winner on Power Play Late, Bears Beat Penguins 3-1 - Hershey Bears
- Blue Jackets Reassign Liam Foudy from Monsters to Taxi Squad - Cleveland Monsters
- Harvey-Pinard's Consistency One of the Keys to Rocket Success - Laval Rocket
- Monsters Sign Forward Tristan Mullin to Amateur Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Roadrunners Battle Against Penalties And Turnovers, Fall To Gulls 2-1 In Orange County - Tucson Roadrunners
- Eriksson Ek, Gulls Stop Tucson, 2-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Henderson Uses Four-Goal Second Period to Defeat Eagles, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Henderson Ends Home Stand with 4-3 Victory - Henderson Silver Knights
- Villalta Leads Reign over Bakersfield - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Henderson Silver Knights Stories
- AHL Board of Governors Approves Plan for Schedule Unification
- Ryan Murphy Wins Eddie Shore Award
- Logan Thompson Wins Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award
- Henderson Falls to Bakersfield, 3-2 in Pacific Division Final
- Silver Knights Force Game 3 in Pacific Division Final