Hawks Get 4-1 Win over Hops in Game One of the Series
HILLSBORO, OR - With the bullpen backing up an impressive start from Micah Kaczor, the Boise Hawks (Short Season A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies) defeated the Hillsboro Hops (Short Season A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks) 4-1 on Wednesday night.
Kaczor worked four innings giving up only two hits and one earned run, while walking one and striking out two Hops. The Hawks bullpen finished out the night giving up only two hits, no runs and fetched six strikeouts.
Boise scored first off a Nic Motley RBI-single in the bottom of the second to put the Hawks ahead 1-0.
Hillsboro tied up the ballgame in the bottom of the fourth inning. Liover Peguero bounced into a force out but Tristin English scored off the play to even up the score.
The offense dulled for a little bit during the game but the sixth inning was where Boise sparked. With the bases loaded and one out, Yorvis Torrealba zipped a ball to right field that scored two runs and jumped the Hawks ahead 3-1. Robert Metz then sent a ground ball for a fielder's choice but then a Hops throwing error sent Tyler Pkantier home to score the fourth run and give Boise a 4-1 lead.
The combination of Keven Pimentel, Joel Condreay and Fineas Del-Bonta Smith held the score through four innings with Jacob Wallace notching his 11th save of the season, and still atop the Northwest League leaders for saves.
The Hawks will take on the Hops in game two Thursday night at 7:05 p.m. PT.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 29, 2019
- C's Partner with the Cape Group on New Community Initiative - Vancouver Canadians
- Volcanoes Alexander Canario, Franklin Labour, and Kervin Castro NWL Year-End All-Stars - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Volcanoes Pull Away Late 6-4 to Eliminate Eugene from Playoffs - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Three Hillsboro Hops Named 2019 Year-End All-Stars - Hillsboro Hops
- Americaan Named Northwest League Year-End All-Star - Eugene Emeralds
- Patrick Frick Named to the NWL Year-End All-Star Team - Everett AquaSox
- Walk-Off Win Keeps C's Post-Season Alive for Another Day - Vancouver Canadians
- Spokane Takes Opener over Frogs - Everett AquaSox
- Americaan's Monster Blast Not Enough as Late Rally Comes up Short - Eugene Emeralds
- Hawks Get 4-1 Win over Hops in Game One of the Series - Boise Hawks
- Hillsboro Clinches Playoffs for Sixth Straight Year - Hillsboro Hops
- Indians Redband Rally in 8th to Beat AquaSox - Spokane Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.