Volcanoes Pull Away Late 6-4 to Eliminate Eugene from Playoffs
In the top of the first inning, Carter Aldrete draws a bases loaded walk which scores Jeff Houghtby and gives the Volcanoes a 1-0 lead.
Three batters later, Tyler Flores hit a sacrifice fly to left field that scores Armani Smith and makes the score 2-0. The next batter, Harrison Freed hits a single to right field that scores Jairo Pomares and makes the score 3-0.
In the top of the second inning, Pomares hits a single into right field which scores Tyler Wyatt and increases the lead early in the game to 4-0.
In the top of the fourth inning, after Eugene scores their first run of the game, Smith hit a sacrifice fly to right field that scores Wyatt and gives the Volcanoes a 5-1 lead.
In the top of the ninth inning, after Eugene made it a one run game, Carter Aldrete hits a double down the left field line that scores Houghtby and increases the lead to 6-4.
The Volcanoes will look to get another win against the Ems as Jasier Herrera will take the mound.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 29, 2019
- C's Partner with the Cape Group on New Community Initiative - Vancouver Canadians
- Volcanoes Alexander Canario, Franklin Labour, and Kervin Castro NWL Year-End All-Stars - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Volcanoes Pull Away Late 6-4 to Eliminate Eugene from Playoffs - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Three Hillsboro Hops Named 2019 Year-End All-Stars - Hillsboro Hops
- Americaan Named Northwest League Year-End All-Star - Eugene Emeralds
- Patrick Frick Named to the NWL Year-End All-Star Team - Everett AquaSox
- Walk-Off Win Keeps C's Post-Season Alive for Another Day - Vancouver Canadians
- Spokane Takes Opener over Frogs - Everett AquaSox
- Americaan's Monster Blast Not Enough as Late Rally Comes up Short - Eugene Emeralds
- Hawks Get 4-1 Win over Hops in Game One of the Series - Boise Hawks
- Hillsboro Clinches Playoffs for Sixth Straight Year - Hillsboro Hops
- Indians Redband Rally in 8th to Beat AquaSox - Spokane Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salem-Keizer Volcanoes Stories
- 5,000+ Sign Fan Petition for Volcanoes to Stay
- Volcanoes' Cancer Awareness Tradition to Continue
- Northwest League Postpones Start of 2020 Season
- Volcanoes Stadium to Host Drive-In Fireworks
- Volcanoes to Donate $5,000 in Tickets to Raise Funds for Local Food Banks