Spokane Takes Opener over Frogs
SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Indians broke a 4-4 tie scoring twice in the bottom of the eighth inning to down the Everett AquaSox, 6-4, before a crowd of 6,471 at Avista Stadium on Wednesday night.
In the bottom of the eighth inning Spokane had the bases loaded with two outs. Cristian Inoa hit a ground ball to third baseman Connor Hoover. While attempting to field the ball, Hoover was knocked down by baserunner David Garcia, which allowed two runs to score. After a lengthy argument that led to the ejection of AquaSox manager Louis Boyd, base umpire Guillermo Rodriguez surprisingly ruled that Hoover was not interfered with and the play stood.
The AquaSox took a 3-0 lead in the first inning as Utah Jones scored on a wild pitch and Cesar Izturis Jr. came home on a groundout by Robert Perez. Connor Hoover capped the inning with a two-out RBI single that plated Trent Tingelstad.
Everett starter Damon Casetta-Stubbs picked up a no-decision. He allowed two hits and two earned runs over five innings while walking two and striking out seven.
Jones batted 2-for-5 with a run scored and an RBI.
The AquaSox loaded the bases with no outs in the ninth inning but couldn't score. Everett left 12 runners stranded.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 29, 2019
- C's Partner with the Cape Group on New Community Initiative - Vancouver Canadians
- Volcanoes Alexander Canario, Franklin Labour, and Kervin Castro NWL Year-End All-Stars - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Volcanoes Pull Away Late 6-4 to Eliminate Eugene from Playoffs - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Three Hillsboro Hops Named 2019 Year-End All-Stars - Hillsboro Hops
- Americaan Named Northwest League Year-End All-Star - Eugene Emeralds
- Patrick Frick Named to the NWL Year-End All-Star Team - Everett AquaSox
- Walk-Off Win Keeps C's Post-Season Alive for Another Day - Vancouver Canadians
- Spokane Takes Opener over Frogs - Everett AquaSox
- Americaan's Monster Blast Not Enough as Late Rally Comes up Short - Eugene Emeralds
- Hawks Get 4-1 Win over Hops in Game One of the Series - Boise Hawks
- Hillsboro Clinches Playoffs for Sixth Straight Year - Hillsboro Hops
- Indians Redband Rally in 8th to Beat AquaSox - Spokane Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett AquaSox Stories
- Everett AquaSox Named 2020 NWL Undefeated Champions
- Everett AquaSox 2020 Season Officially Canceled
- Northwest League Delays 2020 Season
- Time Is Almost up Sign up for the Funko Field At-Home 5K TODAY
- Everett AquaSox Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign