C's Partner with the Cape Group on New Community Initiative
(Nat Bailey Stadium - Vancouver, B.C.) - The Vancouver Canadians Baseball Club in cooperation with The Cape Group are proud to announce a new community initiative that will give local baseball organizations the chance to truly make a difference for players of all abilities.
The Change-Up Field Project will award two (2) baseball organizations from within the Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD) with a grant of $50,000 to refurbish a facility/field that is utilized within their community for amateur baseball.
Applicants will have to meet a criteria set in place by The Change-Up Field Project (click HERE for details) and the recipients of this annual grant will be announced at the Vancouver Canadians Annual Hot Stove Luncheon in January of 2020.
"When we look at a submission from an organization, we are looking for goals that directly benefit the youth from within its membership," states Vancouver Canadians President Andy Dunn.
"Whether it's creating a better ballpark environment through field improvements or building something new for children of all abilities to access their ballpark - we are looking for constructed ideas that show a direct benefit to children from across the GVRD."
Applications are now set to be received and close on November 1st, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 29, 2019
- C's Partner with the Cape Group on New Community Initiative - Vancouver Canadians
- Volcanoes Alexander Canario, Franklin Labour, and Kervin Castro NWL Year-End All-Stars - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Volcanoes Pull Away Late 6-4 to Eliminate Eugene from Playoffs - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Three Hillsboro Hops Named 2019 Year-End All-Stars - Hillsboro Hops
- Americaan Named Northwest League Year-End All-Star - Eugene Emeralds
- Patrick Frick Named to the NWL Year-End All-Star Team - Everett AquaSox
- Walk-Off Win Keeps C's Post-Season Alive for Another Day - Vancouver Canadians
- Spokane Takes Opener over Frogs - Everett AquaSox
- Americaan's Monster Blast Not Enough as Late Rally Comes up Short - Eugene Emeralds
- Hawks Get 4-1 Win over Hops in Game One of the Series - Boise Hawks
- Hillsboro Clinches Playoffs for Sixth Straight Year - Hillsboro Hops
- Indians Redband Rally in 8th to Beat AquaSox - Spokane Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.