Hartford Athletic Adds Five Players; Group Experiences Now Available
Hartford - Hartford Athletic announced the signing of Kyle Curinga (Clearwater, FL), Jonathan Brown (Bridgend, Wales), Tyler David (Lakeville, MN), Jacob Lissek (Highlands Ranch, CO), and Mike Novotny (St. Charles, IL) for the Club's inaugural USL Championship season in 2019, pending league and federation approval.
Curinga, Brown, and David bring significant USL Championship experience to Hartford. Curinga, a defender, played with Real Monarchs in 2017 and with Tampa Bay Rowdies in 2018. Jonathan Brown played 37 matches with OKC Energy FC in 2017 and 2018 after playing for nine years in England. Tyler David played two seasons with St. Louis FC, making 50 appearances.
Lissek and Novotny add depth at goalkeeper as the Club announced last week the signing of Denmark's Frederik Due. "I love the level of competition we've created in goal," said Nielsen. "I expect Jacob, Mike, and Frederik to push each other every day in practice and help make each other better goalkeepers."
For fans interested in getting the first chance to meet the players, the team will be at Bar Louie in West Hartford to watch the Super Bowl. Hartford Athletic also announced that fans are now able to reserve group sales experiences such as walking out with the players before the game, ball kids, and more. For more information and to place a deposit, go to HartfordAthletic.com/Tickets.
Kyle Curinga is a defender from Clearwater, Florida, who spent last season with the Tampa Bay Rowdies. The 25-year-old started his career in Finland where he played for three years. Curinga returned to America to play for Real Monarchs of the USL Championship in 2017. He played in 26 matches for the Monarchs, who won the USL regular-season championship.
Jonathan Brown joins Hartford Athletic after spending the past two years with OKC Energy FC. Brown, 28, previously played for Bangladesh Premier League side Abahani Limited Dhaka in 2016. He helped the team to win its fifth championship in the club's history with four goals, four assists in seven games played. He also contributed with two goals and one assist in AFC Cup competition. Brown has played on a myriad of clubs around the world including Cardiff City (Wales), Rayong United FC (Thailand) and Hereford United FC (England).
Tyler David, a 24-year-old midfielder, joins the Club after a year in Finland playing for Bollklubben-46. Originally from Lakeville, Minnesota, David was drafted in the fourth round of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by the Vancouver Whitecaps. He later went on to join the USL Championship's St. Louis FC where he played for two seasons.
Hartford is the fourth stop in as many years for goalkeeper Jacob Lissek. After a great career at Fairleigh Dickinson University, the 26-year-old has played for Charlotte Independence, OKC Energy FC, Penn FC, and also spent a season with MLS's FC Dallas.
Mike Novotny is a goalie from St. Charles, Illinois. Just 22 years old, Novotny played one season with AFC Ann Arbor of the NPSL where he earned four clean sheets in his first four starts. He was named AFCAA's Most Valuable Defensive Player in 2018. Prior to 2018, Novotny played collegiately at Eastern Illinois University. He was named Summit League Goalkeeper of the Year during his senior season.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 30, 2019
- Tacoma Defiance Debuts New Brand Identity and Jersey Front Partnership with MultiCare - Tacoma Defiance
- Memphis 901 FC Poised to Begin Inaugural Preseason Training - Memphis 901 FC
- Republic FC Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule - Sacramento Republic FC
- T2 Announce Four Player Signings Ahead of 2019 USL Season - Portland Timbers 2
- Atlanta United 2 Announces Stephen Glass as Head Coach - Atlanta United 2
- San Antonio FC Midfielder Ethan Bryant Called up to United States U-18 Men's National Team - San Antonio FC
- Austin Bold FC Signs Forward Clayton Adams - Austin Bold FC
- Taylor and Morad Return for 2019 Season - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- LA Galaxy II Sign Goalkeeper Abraham Romero - LA Galaxy II
- Fury FC Adds Playmaker Wal Fall to 2019 Roster - Ottawa Fury FC
- Lights FC Unveils Community Fields - Las Vegas Lights FC
- MLS Veteran Marc Burch Named First Memphis 901 FC Captain; Team Announces Preseason Match Schedule - Memphis 901 FC
- Hartford Athletic Adds Five Players; Group Experiences Now Available - Hartford Athletic
- Rowdies and Norwich City FC Launch Historic Partnership - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Loudoun United FC Announce Open Tryouts for February 9 & 10 - Loudoun United FC
- Houston Dynamo Defeat RGV FC 2-1 in Preseason Scrimmage - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Athletic Stories
- The Roundup: Fans' Choice Awards
- Hartford Athletic 2020 Season Community Wrap Up
- Hartford Athletic: 5 Takeaways from the USL Championship Club's 2020 Season
- Match for a Cause Raises over $19,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford
- Saint Louis Goal at the Death Downs Hartford 1-0