Lights FC Unveils Community Fields
Las Vegas, NV - In advance of Las Vegas Lights FC home opener this Saturday February 2, and as part of Cashman Field's on-going transition from a baseball field to a soccer stadium, Lights FC unveiled today a unique opportunity to allow local soccer players to "play where the pros play." Specifically, Lights FC has converted the grass located in the old baseball outfield into new mini-soccer fields available for a variety of community use.
The transition of the grass area from a baseball outfield into mini-soccer fields is the result of the Las Vegas Aviators baseball team (previously known as the Las Vegas 51s) anticipated move to its new baseball only stadium in downtown Summerlin this spring. As Lights FC is restricted from making any permanent modifications to the stadium prior to the new baseball stadium opening in Summerlin, Lights FC has decided in the interim to provide additional opportunities for local soccer players for the entirety of the 2019 USL Championship season. It will remain a grass surface, available for the community.
"One of the biggest challenges for local soccer players is a lack of grass fields," said Lights FC Owner & C.E.O. Brett Lashbrook. "We are proud to find this unique way to provide special one-time experiences for players across the valley."
Scheduling for the mini-fields will be subject to inclement weather and availability will be limited to one-time opportunities for each group. The fields will not be regularly assigned to any specific league, clubs or organizations, but rather available for special practices/games, birthday parties, corporate outings, etc. Users of the field will also have access to Lights FC match tickets.
For more information, fans and local players are encouraged to visit: LightsFC.com/CommunityFields.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 30, 2019
- Tacoma Defiance Debuts New Brand Identity and Jersey Front Partnership with MultiCare - Tacoma Defiance
- Memphis 901 FC Poised to Begin Inaugural Preseason Training - Memphis 901 FC
- Republic FC Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule - Sacramento Republic FC
- T2 Announce Four Player Signings Ahead of 2019 USL Season - Portland Timbers 2
- Atlanta United 2 Announces Stephen Glass as Head Coach - Atlanta United 2
- San Antonio FC Midfielder Ethan Bryant Called up to United States U-18 Men's National Team - San Antonio FC
- Austin Bold FC Signs Forward Clayton Adams - Austin Bold FC
- Taylor and Morad Return for 2019 Season - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- LA Galaxy II Sign Goalkeeper Abraham Romero - LA Galaxy II
- Fury FC Adds Playmaker Wal Fall to 2019 Roster - Ottawa Fury FC
- Lights FC Unveils Community Fields - Las Vegas Lights FC
- MLS Veteran Marc Burch Named First Memphis 901 FC Captain; Team Announces Preseason Match Schedule - Memphis 901 FC
- Hartford Athletic Adds Five Players; Group Experiences Now Available - Hartford Athletic
- Rowdies and Norwich City FC Launch Historic Partnership - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Loudoun United FC Announce Open Tryouts for February 9 & 10 - Loudoun United FC
- Houston Dynamo Defeat RGV FC 2-1 in Preseason Scrimmage - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Lights FC Stories
- Lights FC Bolster Roster with Loan from MLS FC Cincinnati
- Yallop to Manage Lights FC Through 2020 Season
- Provisional Return to Play Date Set for 2020
- July 11 set as provisional return to play date for the 2020 season
- "Pick Your Prize" 4-Pack: Lights FC Announce Best Individual Ticket Offer Yet