Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup at Richmond
Harrisburg Senators (39-24) vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels (22-39)
LH Ben Braymer (3-4, 2.86) vs. LH Garrett Williams (1-6, 4.50)
Game 64 - Wednesday, June 12 @ 6:35 p.m. - The Diamond
Tonight's Senators starting lineup:
Luis Garcia, SS
Adrian Sanchez, 2B
Austin Davidson, 1B
Chuck Taylor, RF
Tres Barrera, C
Ian Sagdal, 3B
Dante Bichette, Jr., LF
Taylor Goeddel, CF
Ben Braymer, P
On Tuesday night in Richmond, the Senators plated four runs in the first inning and cruised to a 6-2 win over Richmond. Harrisburg banged out three straight run scoring hits in the first inning to score four runs and then tacked on a run in the second. Three Sens relievers combined to go the final seven frames allowing just a hit while striking out six.
The Senators and Richmond meet tonight in game two of their three-game series tonight at The Diamond. The teams face each other five times this season with two in Richmond and three series at FNB Field.
Last night the Senators began a stretch of 30 of 33 games against divisional opponents. They've played just 22 games against Western Division foes all season.
The Senators are 5-12 since May 1st on the road. They haven't won a road series since mid-April.
The Senators magic number is #1 so they can clinch the first half division championship this evening with either a win or an Altoona Curve loss.
The Senators send LH Ben Braymer to the mound. The University of Auburn product has gone at least six innings in seven starts this season. He has not faced Richmond this year.
Richmond sends LH Garrett Williams to the hill tonight. The 2016 7th round selection by the Giants is 24-years-old and is in his second season with Richmond. He's 1-6 with a 4.50 ERA this season and is 4-15 with a 5.50 in 44 games over the past two seasons with Richmond.
They're 22-39 and in last place in the Western Division, trailing Harrisburg by 16.0 games.
Richmond is 4-6 in their past 10 games and 9-21 at home. Their home record is the worst in the league.
In June they're 4-7 and hitting .214 with 5HR and 45 Runs in 11 games. On the hill they have a 3.79 ERA.
Richmond has four MLB.com Top 30 prospects on their active roster. They're led by #15 RHP Melvin Adon.
Richmond has 7 players appearing in AA for the first time and two of those seven spent time in AAA last season.
SENATORS ROSTER MAKEUP
The Sens have used 42 players this season. They've averaged using 55 players per season for the past 10 seasons. The roster has evolved from having 11 Double-A rookies to start the season to now there are 10 on the active roster. There are 15 players that have played in the Nats organization their entire career and 4 players with big league experience. Of the 25 active players, 18 were in the Nats organization last year.
Harrisburg is 5-4 in a stretch of 15 straight NL games with only 6 of the 15 at home.
The Sens finished May 13-16, .224 17HR 103r and a 4.03 ERA. In April they were 21-4, .250 28HR 110r and a 2.66 ERA. In June they're 5-4, .295 8HR 46RS and a 3.95 ERA.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Walk-Off Blast Caps 4-2 Win - Bowie Baysox
- Ducks Take Bite out of Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Sea Dogs Rally Late, Even Series with Curve - Altoona Curve
- Faedo Stops Fightins Again - Reading Fightin Phils
- RubberDucks Hold Early Advantage - Akron RubberDucks
- Braymer Tosses 8 No-Hit Frames in Sens Loss - Harrisburg Senators
- Faedo K's 10 and the Bullpen Shines in Reading - Erie SeaWolves
- 'Dogs Get Even with a 6-1 Win over Altoona - Portland Sea Dogs
- Abreu Deals Six Solid Innings in 7-2 Win over Binghamton - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Reading Fightin Phils - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup at Richmond - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 12th at Altoona Curve - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (33-25) vs. Trenton Thunder (34-25) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Fightins Earn Split Against SeaWolves - Reading Fightin Phils
- SeaWolves Split Twin Bill at Reading - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.