'Dogs Get Even with a 6-1 Win over Altoona
Altoona, PA - The Portland Sea Dogs (22-39) scored all six runs in the final four innings and beat the Altoona Curve (31-31), 6-1 on Wednesday night at Peoples Natural Gas Field. The win forces a rubber match-up in the series finale on Thursday night.
Right-hander Tanner Houck (6-4) hurled 6+ innings on just one run, six hits, no walks, and fanned six. Houck is now 3-0 in his last four starts and leads the team in wins and strikeouts (66).
Altoona had two golden opportunities late in the game, loading the bases with nobody out in the seventh and eighth, but it led to only one run. RHP Adam Lau worked out of two jams in his two innings to earn his third save.
The game was scoreless through five until Jeremy Rivera's RBI fielder's choice in the sixth inning against losing pitcher Sean Brady (2-4). In the seventh with two outs, Luke Tendler smoked a homer (#5) down the right-field line to put Portland in front 2-0.
The Curve added a run in the seventh, but Rivera came up clutch again, nailing a two-run single and Bobby Dalbec followed with a sac-fly. Jake Romanski knocked in the sixth run with an RBI single in the ninth.
With the win, the 'Dogs clinch the season series from the Altoona Curve.
Portland and the Altoona Curve (Pirates affiliate) wrap-up a three-game series from Peoples Natural Gas Field on Thursday night at 6:30. LHP Matthew Kent (1-1, 3.13) makes his ninth appearance of the year for Portland, and RHP James Marvel (5-5, 3.68) is on the mound for the 13th time for Altoona. Radio coverage on the WPEI U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network begins at 6:15 PM. The game is available on the tune-in app and MiLB.TV.
Tickets for any game at Hadlock Field are available at 207-879-9500 or seadogs.com. Book your nine inning vacation today!
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Walk-Off Blast Caps 4-2 Win - Bowie Baysox
- Ducks Take Bite out of Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Sea Dogs Rally Late, Even Series with Curve - Altoona Curve
- Faedo Stops Fightins Again - Reading Fightin Phils
- RubberDucks Hold Early Advantage - Akron RubberDucks
- Braymer Tosses 8 No-Hit Frames in Sens Loss - Harrisburg Senators
- Faedo K's 10 and the Bullpen Shines in Reading - Erie SeaWolves
- 'Dogs Get Even with a 6-1 Win over Altoona - Portland Sea Dogs
- Abreu Deals Six Solid Innings in 7-2 Win over Binghamton - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Reading Fightin Phils - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup at Richmond - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 12th at Altoona Curve - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (33-25) vs. Trenton Thunder (34-25) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Fightins Earn Split Against SeaWolves - Reading Fightin Phils
- SeaWolves Split Twin Bill at Reading - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Sea Dogs Stories
- Red Sox Announce Portland's 2020 Coaching Staff
- Additional Guests Announced for Sea Dogs Hot Stove Dinner
- Santa Arrives at Hadlock Field on Saturday
- Sea Dogs Unveil "Alces" Identity for Copa de la Diversion
- Michael Chavis Headlines 2020 Sea Dogs Hot Stove Dinner