Gwinnett Stripers Playoff Tickets on Sale Now
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - The Gwinnett Stripers, Triple-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves, have announced that single-game tickets for the opening round of the 2019 Governors' Cup Playoffs are on sale now. Tickets may be purchased in-person at the Coolray Field Ticket Office and online at GoStripers.com.
Gwinnett officially clinched a playoff berth Wednesday night with a 14-8 win over Norfolk. The Stripers are in position to win the International League South Division, as they have a 4.5-game lead over Charlotte and a magic number of one to clinch with five games remaining.
Regardless of whether they win the IL South Division or the IL Wild Card, the Stripers will host games 1-2 of the best-of-five first-round series at Coolray Field on Wednesday, September 4 and Thursday, September 5. Both games will start at 7:05 p.m. Should the Stripers win the IL South Division, they'll face the Columbus Clippers, winners of the IL West Division. If the Stripers win the IL Wild Card, they'll face the yet-to-be determined winners of the IL North Division.
Dates and times for a potential Governors' Cup Finals have yet to be determined. Tickets for that best-of-five series would go on sale to the public should the Stripers advance.
Full Governors' Cup Playoff Schedule:
First Round (best-of-five, September 4-8):
Games 1-2 (September 4-5): Columbus at South Division Winner, North Division Winner at Wild Card
Games 3-5 (as necessary, September 6-8): South Division Winner at Columbus, Wild Card at North Division Winner
Governors' Cup Finals (best-of-five, September 10-14):
Games 1-2 (September 10-11): North/Wild Card Series Winner at Columbus/South Series Winner
Games 3-5 (as necessary, September 12-14): Columbus/South Series Winner at North/Wild Card Series Winner
Tickets for all remaining Gwinnett Stripers home games are on sale now at the Coolray Field Ticket Office and online at GoStripers.com/tickets. For information about 2020 Season Membership renewals, visit gwinwithus.com.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 29, 2019
- PawSox Split Two with RailRiders in Two Extra-Inning Games - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Brito's Homer Not Enough as Bisons Eliminated from Postseason Contention - Buffalo Bisons
- Stripers Muster Two Hits in 8-1 Loss to Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Wiel Hits GW Homer in 7-6 Win Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
- Toledo Long Ball Buries Tribe, 7-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Win Streak Ends in 9-1 Loss to Clippers - Louisville Bats
- IronPigs shutout in series finale - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- OF Socrates Brito Named Buffalo Bisons 2019 Most Valuable Player - Buffalo Bisons
- Syracuse Mets Announce 2019 Fan of the Year - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-70) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (64-71) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Columbus Clippers (76-59) at Louisville Bats (57-78) - Louisville Bats
- Hayes Receives August Player of the Month Award - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Reveal 2020 Game Schedule -Opening Day Set for Friday, April 17, 2020 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Help Us Reach Our 500th Sellout on Friday - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB RailRiders Homestand Preview- August 30-September 2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Gwinnett Stripers Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Gwinnett Stripers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gwinnett Stripers Stories
- Stripers Introduce New Batting Practice Cap, Updated Uniforms
- Stripers Launch New "Veterans Pack" for Veterans Day
- Stripers to Unveil Uniform Updates, New Batting Practice Cap on November 7
- Stripers Host "Flick Or Treat" at Coolray Field on October 26
- Gwinnett Stripers Show Growth at Gates in 2019