Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Rochester (7:05 p.m.)
August 29, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY| Game # 136| Home Game # 70
BUFFALO BISONS (69-66, 3rd, -3.5 North) vs. ROCHESTER RED WINGS (67-68, 4th, -5.5 North)
RHP T.J. Zeuch (4-3,3.82) vs. LHP Lewis Thorpe (5-4, 4.63)
Radio: Newsradio 930 WBEN, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
Tonight the Bisons will play their home game of the 2019 regular season, hosting the Rochester Red Wings for Fan Appreciation Night. After the finale at Sahlen Field, Buffalo will hit the road for the final series of the year. The Herd will take on the IL North leading Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders for a four-game series that will conclude on Labor Day in Moosic, PA. Heading into play tonight Buffalo is still mathematically alive in the divisional chase.
Last Game: BUF 2, ROC 10
RHP Sean Reid-Foley tossed three innings in his return to the Herd, but was tagged for five runs on six hits to go along with two walks. The Red Wings scored in each of the first two innings, then pulled away with a five-run fourth inning that saw 10 batters come to the plate. For Buffalo, INF Santiago Espinal once again delivered at the plate by going 3-4 in the loss.
Rochester Red Wings (8-7)
Buffalo and Rochester are meeting for the final time this season, after splitting a four-game series last week in the Flower City. This is the Red Wings' second trip to Downtown Buffalo this season, after trading wins on July 29 and 30.
RHP T.J. Zeuch will make his final scheduled start of the 2019 regular season for the Bisons tonight. The righty has led the Herd pitching staff with 56.2 IP since the All-Star break. Nine of Zeuch's 12 previous starts have come since the middle of July. Tonight will mark the starter's 13th Triple-A start after missing the first two and a half months of the season. Zeuch's last start against Rochester came on 8/19 where he needed just 114 pitches to throw a no-hitter at Frontier Field.
INF Santiago Espinal's offensive surge continued on Wednesday when he went 3-4 in a losing effort. Espinal started his Triple-A career going 0-15, but since then has gone 26-71 (.366) with seven extra-base hits and 12 RBI.
End of season awards
Prior to first pitch tonight, the Bisons will hand out several team awards for the 2019 season. A handful of current Bison players have been past recipients, including RHP Sean-Reid Foley who was named the 2018 Most Valuable Pitcher and Community Service Award winner. OF Roemon Fields was also tabbed as the team's Most Valuable Player in 2017.
IL North Standings
The Bisons dropped a half game further behind Scranton/Wilkes-Barre with last night's loss. The RailRiders were washed out in Pawtucket yesterday and are now scheduled to play a doubleheader starting at 4:35 p.m. The Herd is also now three games behind the Syracuse Mets for second place in the IL North as well.
Toronto (54-81) split their quick two-game series with the Atlanta Braves, losing on Wednesday night 9-4. The Blue Jays are off today before welcoming the Houston Astros to town for a three-game weekend series at Rogers Centre. RHP Trent Thornton takes the hill for the opening game of the set on Friday at 7:07 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 29, 2019
- PawSox Split Two with RailRiders in Two Extra-Inning Games - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Brito's Homer Not Enough as Bisons Eliminated from Postseason Contention - Buffalo Bisons
- Stripers Muster Two Hits in 8-1 Loss to Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Wiel Hits GW Homer in 7-6 Win Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
- Toledo Long Ball Buries Tribe, 7-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Win Streak Ends in 9-1 Loss to Clippers - Louisville Bats
- IronPigs shutout in series finale - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- OF Socrates Brito Named Buffalo Bisons 2019 Most Valuable Player - Buffalo Bisons
- Syracuse Mets Announce 2019 Fan of the Year - Syracuse Mets
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (65-70) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (64-71) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Columbus Clippers (76-59) at Louisville Bats (57-78) - Louisville Bats
- Hayes Receives August Player of the Month Award - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Reveal 2020 Game Schedule -Opening Day Set for Friday, April 17, 2020 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Help Us Reach Our 500th Sellout on Friday - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB RailRiders Homestand Preview- August 30-September 2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Gwinnett Stripers Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Gwinnett Stripers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons GM Mike Buczkowski Named 2019 International League "Executive of the Year"
- 'Ballpark Brew Bash' Craft Beer Festival Returns to Sahlen Field September 21
- Ballpark Golf Returns with â??The Sahlen Field Links' September 18-20
- Bisons End Season on Winning Note, 5-3 over RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (12:05 p.m.)