Grizzlies Acquire Erickson From Reading; Sign Tim Crowder
West Valley City, Utah - Utah Grizzlies Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Kevin Colley announced today that the team has acquired goaltender Beau Erickson from the Reading Royals in exchange for future considerations, while also announcing that the organization has signed forward Tim Crowder.
Erickson was 3-2 this year with a 2.78 goals-against-average and a.915 save percentage with the Royals and went 1-1 with a 3.20 goals-against-average and a.915 save percentage last year with Reading following college at the University of Connecticut.
"Beau is a proven goaltender and a good person," said Colley. "We are excited to get deeper in that position and he's excited to come in and battle to win games."
Crowder, drafted by Pittsburgh in the 2005 NHL entry draft, is a rookie who played four seasons of college hockey at Michigan State University totaling 106 points (50 goals, 56 assists) in 147 games. He played one game this year with Bakersfield against Utah on December 11.
"We're very excited for Tim to come prove himself as a pro," said Colley. "He had a great four-year tenture at Michigan State and has a lot of upside as a pro. We look for him to come in and contribute right from the start."
The Grizzlies return home to the E-Center to host Idaho Saturday at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 21, 2009
- Beau Erickson Traded To Utah - Reading Royals
- Condors In The Community: Players To Visit Local Hospitals - Bakersfield Condors
- Timo's Goal Highlights The Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Red-Hot Royals Lead East Division - ECHL
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Sharks And K-Wings Swap Players - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Chiefs Collected Over 500 Band-Aid Boxes - Johnstown Chiefs
- Grizzlies Acquire Erickson From Reading; Sign Tim Crowder - Utah Grizzlies
- Odeur, Fortunus Increase ECHL Players In NHL To 428 - ECHL
- Puska on Pucks covers the hot topics a week before Christmas - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Cincinnati Wins Three Straight On Road To Move Into Top Spot - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Ryan Stokes Returns To Toledo From Providence Bruins - Toledo Walleye
- Grizzlies Home For The Holidays; Host Idaho Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Get Your Holiday Shopping Done Early - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Battle Back To Take Two Of Three At Home From Wheeling - Florida Everblades
- Reading Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Set New Team Record And Defeat Charlotte In Mini-Series - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Update - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.