Grand Rapids Summons Hamilton from Toledo
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Wednesday recalled defenseman Trevor Hamilton from the ECHL's Toledo Walleye.
Hamilton, 23, has split his rookie campaign between Toledo and Grand Rapids. He shows three points (2-1-3), a plus-five rating and two penalty minutes in four games with the Walleye and six PIM in five appearances with the Griffins. Hamilton made his AHL debut during the season opener at Texas on Oct. 5.
The 6-foot, 195-pound blueliner made his pro debut at the end of last season, playing in four games with the Walleye and notching one assist. A native of Grosse Pointe Farms, Mich., Hamilton was named the Big Ten's Defensive Player of the Year and a First Team All-Big Ten selection in 2017-18 after pacing all conference defensemen with 29 points (6-23-29) in 38 games for the Penn State Nittany Lions.
The Griffins are on a seven-game point and five-game winning streak and host the San Antonio Rampage tonight at 7 p.m. to close out a four-game homestand.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
Images from this story
Grand Rapids Griffins defenseman Trevor Hamilton
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2018
- Admirals Stumble in Texas - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Edged by Late Goal - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport pushes its undefeated in regulation streak at home to 12 games - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Milano Tallies Three Points as Monsters Cruise Past Phantoms, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Late Surge Not Enough on Road - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Dominate Calder Cup Champion Marlies in 5-0 Win - Providence Bruins
- IceHogs Recall Defenseman McArdle - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Battle Bruins Tonight - Toronto Marlies
- Goaltender Lankinen Reassigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Cooler Bag Giveaway, Illinois Lottery Cup on Weekend Docket - Rockford IceHogs
- Senators Acquire Elliott, Lindberg from Pittsburgh - Belleville Senators
- Admirals Sign Duncan Siemens to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Trade for Sexton, Erkamps and Scarfo - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Receive Carr Loan, Move Duke to Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Grand Rapids Summons Hamilton from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Host Wolf Pack in â??Wednesday Night Rivalry - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game #20 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Thunderbirds Announce Staff Promotion - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rampage Sign Taylor to Professional Tryout - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Sign Derek Hulak to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Have 5 Dollar Margaritas Tonight at 6:30 PM - Bakersfield Condors
- Sabres Assign Tennyson to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Dean Kukan to Cleveland Monsters for Purpose of Conditioning - Cleveland Monsters
- Hogs to Host Outdoor Practice in Belvidere on December 11 - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners, Oro Valley Rotary Club to Host Food Drive for IMPACT of Southern Arizona - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.