Senators Acquire Elliott, Lindberg from Pittsburgh
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today that the club has acquired defenceman Stefan Elliott and forward Tobias Lindberg from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for defenceman Macoy Erkamps and forward Ben Sexton. Both Elliott and Lindberg will report to the Senators' American Hockey League affiliate, the Belleville Senators.
Elliott, 27, who had been in the midst of his first season with the Penguins organization, has appeared in 20 games for Pittsburgh's AHL affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, and has recorded eight points (one goal, seven assists) and four penalty minutes. A native of Vancouver, Elliott was originally selected with Colorado's second of two second-round selections (49th overall) in the 2009 NHL Draft. He has appeared in 84 NHL games with the Avalanche, Arizona and Nashville, registering 24 points (eight goals, 16 assists) and 16 penalty minutes.
A Stockholm native, Lindberg returns to the Senators organization after originally being selected with Ottawa's first of two fourth-round picks in 2013 (102nd overall). After being acquired by Toronto as part of a trade that sent Dion Phaneuf to the Senators in Feb., 2016, Lindberg appeared in each of his six NHL contests with the Maple Leafs in 2015-16, a span over which he registered two points (two assists) and four penalty minutes.
Additionally, the American Hockey League's Belleville Senators announced on Wednesday that the team has completed a transaction with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, which has seen the Penguins acquire forward Ryan Scarfo from Belleville in exchange for future considerations.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2018
- Admirals Stumble in Texas - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Edged by Late Goal - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport pushes its undefeated in regulation streak at home to 12 games - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Milano Tallies Three Points as Monsters Cruise Past Phantoms, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Late Surge Not Enough on Road - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Dominate Calder Cup Champion Marlies in 5-0 Win - Providence Bruins
- IceHogs Recall Defenseman McArdle - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Battle Bruins Tonight - Toronto Marlies
- Goaltender Lankinen Reassigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Cooler Bag Giveaway, Illinois Lottery Cup on Weekend Docket - Rockford IceHogs
- Senators Acquire Elliott, Lindberg from Pittsburgh - Belleville Senators
- Admirals Sign Duncan Siemens to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Trade for Sexton, Erkamps and Scarfo - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Receive Carr Loan, Move Duke to Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Grand Rapids Summons Hamilton from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Host Wolf Pack in â??Wednesday Night Rivalry - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game #20 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Thunderbirds Announce Staff Promotion - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rampage Sign Taylor to Professional Tryout - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Sign Derek Hulak to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Have 5 Dollar Margaritas Tonight at 6:30 PM - Bakersfield Condors
- Sabres Assign Tennyson to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Dean Kukan to Cleveland Monsters for Purpose of Conditioning - Cleveland Monsters
- Hogs to Host Outdoor Practice in Belvidere on December 11 - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners, Oro Valley Rotary Club to Host Food Drive for IMPACT of Southern Arizona - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.