Admirals Stumble in Texas
Austin, TX - Joel L'Esperance scored two goals to lead the Texas Stars to a 5-1 win over the Milwaukee Admirals Wednesday at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park.
The loss, coupled with Iowa's overtime loss to Chicago, dropped Milwaukee into second place, one point behind Iowa in the Central Division.
Stars forward Denis Gurianov gave his team a lead with a goal at 13:24 of the first period. Milwaukee turned the puck over at the Texas blue line. Stars defenseman Shane Hanna tapped the puck to neutral ice and Gurianov drove to the Admirals goal where he slid the puck into the net between the legs of goalie Tom McCollum.
The Stars scored three times in the second period. First, L'Esperance scored on the power play at 5:26. Colin Markison scored at 14:28 to give Texas a 3-0 lead, then L'Esperance scored his second of the game at 16:36 to give the Stars a 4-0 edge at the second intermission.
Adam Mascherin gave Texas a 5-0 lead when he scored at 4:52 of the third period.
Milwaukee spoiled Texas goalie Landon Bow's shutout bid when Garret Ross scored his first goal with the Admirals at 7:53 of the third period. Mathieu Olivier picked up the lone assist.
Bow finished with 29 saves for Texas. McCollum stopped 26 shots in the Admirals goal.
Milwaukee continues its four-game road trip Fri., Dec. 7 at Texas. The team returns home Tues., Dec. 11 at 7:00 pm against the Grand Rapids Griffins at Panther Arena. Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550, or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2018
- Admirals Stumble in Texas - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Edged by Late Goal - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bridgeport pushes its undefeated in regulation streak at home to 12 games - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Milano Tallies Three Points as Monsters Cruise Past Phantoms, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Late Surge Not Enough on Road - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Dominate Calder Cup Champion Marlies in 5-0 Win - Providence Bruins
- IceHogs Recall Defenseman McArdle - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Battle Bruins Tonight - Toronto Marlies
- Goaltender Lankinen Reassigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Cooler Bag Giveaway, Illinois Lottery Cup on Weekend Docket - Rockford IceHogs
- Senators Acquire Elliott, Lindberg from Pittsburgh - Belleville Senators
- Admirals Sign Duncan Siemens to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Penguins Trade for Sexton, Erkamps and Scarfo - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Receive Carr Loan, Move Duke to Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Grand Rapids Summons Hamilton from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Host Wolf Pack in â??Wednesday Night Rivalry - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game #20 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Thunderbirds Announce Staff Promotion - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rampage Sign Taylor to Professional Tryout - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Sign Derek Hulak to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Have 5 Dollar Margaritas Tonight at 6:30 PM - Bakersfield Condors
- Sabres Assign Tennyson to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Dean Kukan to Cleveland Monsters for Purpose of Conditioning - Cleveland Monsters
- Hogs to Host Outdoor Practice in Belvidere on December 11 - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners, Oro Valley Rotary Club to Host Food Drive for IMPACT of Southern Arizona - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.