Goaltender Joonas Korpisalo Recalled by Blue Jackets`
CLEVELAND - The AHL's defending Calder Cup Champions, the Cleveland Monsters, proudly powered by Constellation, announced Tuesday that goaltender Joonas Korpisalo was recalled by the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets for the first time this season.
Selected by Columbus in the third round (62nd overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Korpisalo, 22, posted a 5-5-2 record in 12 appearances for the Monsters this season with a 2.99 goals-against average (GAA) and a .900 save percentage (S%).
A 6'3" 190 lb. native of Pori, Finland, Korpisalo logged 16-11-4 with a 2.60 GAA and a .920 S% in 31 appearances for the Blue Jackets last season, his first career NHL action, and in 33 career AHL games played spanning each of the past three seasons for the Springfield Falcons and the Monsters, Korpisalo provided a record of 13-15-4 with two shutouts, a 2.66 GAA and a .905 S%. Korpisalo also supplied a 6-2 record with a 2.96 GAA and a .898 S% in nine appearances for Cleveland during the 2016 AHL Playoffs, helping the Monsters claim the Calder Cup as AHL Champions for the first time in franchise history.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Friday road clash vs. the Charlotte Checkers with full coverage, live from Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte, NC, underway at 7:15 pm on 99X and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Tickets for every Monsters home game start at just $10 and are on sale now! Full and partial season ticket memberships are also available and provide you with the best seat locations, custom member benefits and the lowest ticket prices. Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000, visiting The Q Box Office or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/clevelandmonsters, and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2017
- Checkers Come Alive to Capsize Admirals 5-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Admirals Stumble against Checkers - Milwaukee Admirals
- Goaltender Jeff Glas, IceHogs Agree to Terms - Rockford IceHogs
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Slater Koekkoek, Kristers Gudlevskis - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Conference-Leading Griffins Hit the Road to Face Milwaukee and Rockford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Release Brandon Alderson from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Goaltender Joonas Korpisalo Recalled by Blue Jackets` - Cleveland Monsters
- Condors Take It Back Indoors Tonight at 7 p.m. against San Antonio - Bakersfield Condors
- Tuesday's Outdoor Practice in Belvidere Postponed - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Set for Rivalry Series with Hershey This Weekend - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Week in Review 1/2/17-1/8/17 - Providence Bruins
- Canucks Recall Defenseman Andrey Pedan from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Practice with the Pros in Five Locations - St. John's IceCaps
- Heat Head Off for Three-Game Road Trip; Return Home Next Week for Pride Night, Teddy Bear Toss - Stockton Heat
- Hurricanes Assign Andrej Nestrasil to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Albany Devils Transaction - Albany Devils
- Checkers Offering 90 Cent Tickets for 1950s Night - Charlotte Checkers
- Predators Recall Aberg, Saros and Assign Fiala and Mazanec to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Lightning Recall Gabriel Dumont, Kristers Gudlevskis and Reassign Adam Wilcox - Syracuse Crunch
- The Sound Tigers Report: Week 13 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- 2017 Spring Training Golf Classic - Portland Pirates
- Hogs Return Home for Illinois Lottery Cup Game - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 13 Report: Homestand Rolls on with Gulls and Griffins - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Upend Marlies 5-2 in Front of 12,255 Fans
- Blue Jackets Assign Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks, Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters
- Monsters Announce 12th Annual Tip-A-Monster to Take Place March 3rd
- Monsters Pick up Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Amerks
- Monsters Defenseman Adam Clendening Named to 2020 AHL All-Star Classic