Week 13 Report: Homestand Rolls on with Gulls and Griffins
Bacon Bits: -The Rockford IceHogs snapped a four-game skid and ended the Chicago Wolves' eight-game winning streak with a 6-3 victory over Chicago Sunday at the BMO.
-With Sunday's home win, the Hogs have notched 21 of their 29 total points while playing on their home ice. Rockford is 9-6-1-2 at the BMO, compared to just 3-13-1-1 in road games this year.
-The IceHogs have scored 4+ goals in four of their last five home games, dating to Dec. 17. The Hogs continue their four-game homestand with 22 goals over those last five home games (4.4 goals/game).
-Tyler Motte scored two goals against the Wolves to remain a point-per-game skater with the IceHogs during his AHL stints from 2015-16 and 2016-17. Motte has totaled nine points (5g, 4a) in nine career regular season games with the IceHogs.
-Rockford concluded its four-game road trip at 0-for-14 on the power play, before successfully converting two of its seven chances on the man-advantage Sunday against Chicago. Rockford is 13th in the league on the power play at home (21.0%), but 27th on the PP on the road (11.1%).
-Spencer Abbott notched two assists Sunday to extend his point streak to a team season-high six straight games (since Dec. 26). Abbott has tallied nine points (2g, 7a) during his streak with multi-point efforts in three of his last four games.
-Sam Carrick posted two assists against the Wolves and now has eight of his 15 total points over the last nine games. Carrick began the year with just one goal and six assists (seven points) in his first 25 games, but has since produced four goals and four assists (eight points) in his last nine games, beginning Dec. 21.
Upcoming Home Games: Friday, January 13 vs. San Diego: Puck Drop is 7 p.m. The Rockford IceHogs host the San Diego Gulls. The first 1,500 fans will receive a winter pom pom hat courtesy of BMO Harris Bank. In addition, fans can jump-start their weekend with a Blue Flame Lounge Pre-Game Party at 5:15 p.m., which includes free appetizers, happy-hour specials and live music from Matthew Flamm & These House Rituals.
Saturday, January 14 vs. Grand Rapids: Puck Drop is 7 p.m. The IceHogs host their Central Division rival, the Grand Rapids Griffins, at 7 p.m. The first 2,500 fans in to the BMO Harris Bank Center will receive a fleece blanket compliments of OSF Healthcare.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network: Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2016-17 on WIFR's "Justice Network" on 23.3. The games can also be viewed on Comcast Cable channel 434, Charter Cable channel 194, Dish Network channel 252 or Mediacom 102 in the Rockford market and online through AHLLive.com . Every TV broadcast will start with "IceHogs Warm Up" 30 minutes prior to puck drop. Fans can also listen to the action for free at WXRX.com and sportsfanradio1330.com . For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com, and for the complete schedule of radio broadcasts, visit sportsfanradio1330.com.
Tickets On Sale for 2016-2017! IceHogs individual game tickets can be purchased by calling (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any regular season home game during the 2016-17 season. Tickets can also be purchased online at IceHogs.com, in person at the BMO?Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford or at any Ticketmaster outlet, including Walmart.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2017
- Checkers Come Alive to Capsize Admirals 5-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Admirals Stumble against Checkers - Milwaukee Admirals
- Goaltender Jeff Glas, IceHogs Agree to Terms - Rockford IceHogs
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Slater Koekkoek, Kristers Gudlevskis - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Conference-Leading Griffins Hit the Road to Face Milwaukee and Rockford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Release Brandon Alderson from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Goaltender Joonas Korpisalo Recalled by Blue Jackets` - Cleveland Monsters
- Condors Take It Back Indoors Tonight at 7 p.m. against San Antonio - Bakersfield Condors
- Tuesday's Outdoor Practice in Belvidere Postponed - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Set for Rivalry Series with Hershey This Weekend - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Week in Review 1/2/17-1/8/17 - Providence Bruins
- Canucks Recall Defenseman Andrey Pedan from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Practice with the Pros in Five Locations - St. John's IceCaps
- Heat Head Off for Three-Game Road Trip; Return Home Next Week for Pride Night, Teddy Bear Toss - Stockton Heat
- Hurricanes Assign Andrej Nestrasil to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Albany Devils Transaction - Albany Devils
- Checkers Offering 90 Cent Tickets for 1950s Night - Charlotte Checkers
- Predators Recall Aberg, Saros and Assign Fiala and Mazanec to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Lightning Recall Gabriel Dumont, Kristers Gudlevskis and Reassign Adam Wilcox - Syracuse Crunch
- The Sound Tigers Report: Week 13 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- 2017 Spring Training Golf Classic - Portland Pirates
- Hogs Return Home for Illinois Lottery Cup Game - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 13 Report: Homestand Rolls on with Gulls and Griffins - Rockford IceHogs
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Four-Score and Shootout Ago, Hogs Mount Wild Comeback
- Limited Lanes Available for Bowl-A-Thon
- Super Hero Night, Discovery Night Cap Six-Game Homestand
- Hogs Hang Around Late Before Coming up Just Short against Stars
- Week 19 Report: Season-Long Winning Streak Capped at 6