Goaltender Jeff Glas, IceHogs Agree to Terms
Rockford, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks, announced on Tuesday they have signed goaltender Jeff Glass to an AHL contract. Glass played two games for the Toronto Marlies earlier this season while on a professional tryout contract, going 1-1-0-0 with a 2.05 GAA and .917 save percentage.
Glass, 31, was selected in the third round, No. 89 overall, by the Ottawa Senators in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. He spent the last seven seasons (2009-16) in the KHL (Russia), posting an 81-87-30 record with a 2.64 GAA and .916 save percentage in 218 appearances. Glass was the KHL Goaltender of the Month in November of 2007 and was named the KHL Goaltender of the Week on Jan. 31 of last season.
The Calgary, Alberta native began his professional career playing four seasons (2005-09) for the Binghamton Senators (AHL). Over that span, he collected a 42-67-0-3 record with a 3.39 GAA and .900 save percentage. Glass also played 39 games for the Charlotte Checkers (ECHL) as a rookie in 2005-06 while compiling a 19-15-4 record, 3.22 GAA and .907 save percentage, and earning ECHL Rookie of the Month honors in April of 2006.
Internationally, Glass helped Team Canada to the gold medal in the 2015-16 Spengler Cup, playing alongside former IceHogs forward Daniel Paille. He also earned a gold medal with Team Canada in the 2004-05 World Junior Championship U-20 tournament, leading all goaltenders with a 1.40 GAA during the competition.
A standout in juniors, Glass skated three seasons (2002-05) in the Western Hockey League (WHL) with the Kootenay Ice. He finished with an overall record of 75-47-14, a 2.16 GAA and .918 save percentage. During his final year with Kootenay in 2004-05, he was awarded the Del Wilson Trophy as the WHL's Top Goaltender, and also earned WHL First All-Star Team and CHL (Canadian Hockey League) First All-Star Team honors.
Next Home Game: Friday, January 13 vs. the San Diego Gulls at 7 p.m. The IceHogs welcome the Gulls for the first time this season. The first 1,500 fans will receive a winter pom pom hat courtesy of BMO Harris Bank. A Blue Flame Lounge Pre-Game Party will kick off Friday night at 5:15 p.m. and includes free appetizers and happy-hour specials.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2017
- Checkers Come Alive to Capsize Admirals 5-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Admirals Stumble against Checkers - Milwaukee Admirals
- Goaltender Jeff Glas, IceHogs Agree to Terms - Rockford IceHogs
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Slater Koekkoek, Kristers Gudlevskis - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Ullmark - Rochester Americans
- Conference-Leading Griffins Hit the Road to Face Milwaukee and Rockford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Release Brandon Alderson from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Goaltender Joonas Korpisalo Recalled by Blue Jackets` - Cleveland Monsters
- Condors Take It Back Indoors Tonight at 7 p.m. against San Antonio - Bakersfield Condors
- Tuesday's Outdoor Practice in Belvidere Postponed - Rockford IceHogs
- Phantoms Set for Rivalry Series with Hershey This Weekend - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Week in Review 1/2/17-1/8/17 - Providence Bruins
- Canucks Recall Defenseman Andrey Pedan from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Practice with the Pros in Five Locations - St. John's IceCaps
- Heat Head Off for Three-Game Road Trip; Return Home Next Week for Pride Night, Teddy Bear Toss - Stockton Heat
- Hurricanes Assign Andrej Nestrasil to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Albany Devils Transaction - Albany Devils
- Checkers Offering 90 Cent Tickets for 1950s Night - Charlotte Checkers
- Predators Recall Aberg, Saros and Assign Fiala and Mazanec to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Lightning Recall Gabriel Dumont, Kristers Gudlevskis and Reassign Adam Wilcox - Syracuse Crunch
- The Sound Tigers Report: Week 13 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- 2017 Spring Training Golf Classic - Portland Pirates
- Hogs Return Home for Illinois Lottery Cup Game - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 13 Report: Homestand Rolls on with Gulls and Griffins - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.