Goaltender Jake Kupsky Recalled by Colorado Eagles
BOISE, Idaho - Following the end of the regular season, goaltender Jake Kupsky has been recalled from the Idaho Steelheads by the Colorado Eagles, Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Everett Sheen announced on Friday.
Kupsky, 26, closed the 2021-22 regular season with the Steelheads last week, finishing with a 19-17-0 record with a 2.57 GAA and a .907 save pct. with three shutouts through 38 games. The Waukeska, Wisc. native completed his first full ECHL season leading the team in wins and tied for the team lead in shutouts. He was named ECHL Goaltender of the Week on Dec. 14, 2021 following his second shutout of the season and was later signed by the AHL Eagles on Dec. 30, 2021. He made his ECHL debut with the Steelheads on Jan. 15, 2020 against Tulsa during his first professional season. In 49 ECHL games across the Steelheads, Greenville Swamp Rabbits and South Carolina Stingrays, Kupsky has posted a 26-25-3 record with a 2.58 GAA and a .909 save pct. with four shutouts.
The 6-foot-3 goaltender played the majority of the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons with the SPHL's Pensacola Ice Flyers, winning the 2021 SPHL Championship while sitting in the top-five in GAA and save percentage. Prior to his professional career, Kupsky played four seasons at Union College and amassed a 23-22-5 record with a 2.86 GAA and .900 save pct. with one shutout through 59 games. He was named to the 2018-19 Mike Richter Award Watch List and was a 2017-18 ECAC Third-Team All-Star selection. He was selected 193rd overall (7th Round) by the San Jose Sharks in the 2015 NHL Draft.
Get a jump start on next season by locking in your seats with a 2022-23 Season Ticket Plan! Contact the Steelheads at 208-383-0080 and ask about securing your seat ahead of the team's return this Fall! Follow the Steelheads throughout the summer months on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 22, 2022
- Albert Seals Hat Trick, Walleye Beat Cyclones in Overtime to Open Playoffs - Toledo Walleye
- Walleye Take Game One in Overtime, 3-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Guindon Perfect as Nailers Win 1-0 in Game One - Wheeling Nailers
- Rabbits See Lead Slip, Fall 4-3 in Overtime to Everblades in Game 1 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Blades Overcome 3-0 Deficit in Playoff Opener Victory - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Rally Falls Short in Game 2 Defeat - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Shut out Despite Big Shot Advantage, Trail Royals 0-2 - Maine Mariners
- An Exciting Start to the Lions / Growlers Series - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Growlers Leap Past Lions 7-4 in Game 1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Goaltender Jake Kupsky Recalled by Colorado Eagles - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - April 22 - ECHL
- Royals Host Maine with Early Playoff Series Lead at Home - Reading Royals
- Graber Named League MVP - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fort Wayne's Graber Named ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Icemen Rally in Third Period for 3-2 Win in Game 1 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Game Notes: Game 1 vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Division Semifinal Game 2 Preview: Atlanta at Jacksonville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game 1 Is Tonight - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Grizzlies Gameday: Playoffs Begin at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades to Open Kelly Cup Playoffs at Hertz Arena - Florida Everblades
- Morning Tea: Rd. 1, Game 1 - Swamp Rabbits AT Everblades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.