Gansey Reaches 100 Wins as Mad Ants Take Care of Go-Go in D.C.
Washington D.C. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants defeated the Capital City Go-Go, 125-117, at the DC Entertainment and Sports Arena on Thursday night.
The win gave Mad Ants (21-25) Head Coach Steve Gansey 100 career wins since taking over as the full-time head coach ahead of the 2015-16 season in Fort Wayne.
Gansey is only the sixth coach in NBA G League history to reach the milestone with one team.
Indiana Pacers assignee Edmond Sumner scored a game-high 25 points on 9-of-16 shooting.
Rob Gray and Alize Johnson each pitched in 21 points for the Mad Ants. Johnson poured in 19 of his 21 points in the first half.
Pacers two-way guard Davon Reed recorded a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds, while Omari Johnson added 13 points.
Capital City (23-24) dropped its second game of the year to the Mad Ants, despite six players ending the night with at least 10 points. Denver Nuggets assignee Tyler Lydon led the Go-Go with 22 points, to go along with nine rebounds.
Chris Chiozza finished his night with 18 points, 13 assists and seven rebounds, while Isaiah Armwood added five points and 11 rebounds off the bench for Capital City.
Fort Wayne and Capital City will meet again in D.C. on Saturday at 1 p.m. on Facebook Live to conclude their inaugural season series.
The Mad Ants return home on Tuesday night to face the Wisconsin Herd. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 14, 2019
- Mad Ants Take First of Two-Game Set from Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Gansey Reaches 100 Wins as Mad Ants Take Care of Go-Go in D.C. - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Jarrett Jack to Miss Remainder of Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Phoenix Suns Assign Elie Okobo to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Charge Rally to Overtime Win in Toronto - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs to Host Annual Central Texas High School All-Star Games - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory - Austin Spurs
- Knicks Clinch 2019 NBA G League Playoff Berth - G League
- Legends Release 10-Year Celebration Logo - Texas Legends
- Los Angeles Clippers Sign Justin Bibbs to 10-Day Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Add Duo of Johnson & Richardson - Canton Charge
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win 101-97 over Greensboro Swarm; Secure 200th Franchise Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Herd Wins Double-Overtime Thriller against Blue Coats - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Coats Drop Double OT Thriller in Wisconsin - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Acquire Walt Lemon Jr. from Windy City
- "Madame Ants" Change Name to "Mad Dancerz"
- Mad Ants Finalize 2019-20 Basketball Operations and Front Office Personnel
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne Tomorrow
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne on Saturday