Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (18-29) overcame a 19-point deficit to beat the Austin Spurs (18-27) 107-102 Wednesday evening at Wells Fargo Arena, putting a stop to a four-game losing streak.
Denver Nuggets two-way transfer Brandon Goodwin flirted with a triple-double, ending with a team-high 22 points, eight rebounds and a team-high 11 assists in the win.
Marquise Moore tallied his fifth double-double of the season, finishing with 18 points and a game-high 15 rebounds.
Both guards saw a full 48 minutes of action.
Iowa trailed for most of the contest, including a 10-point deficit with just under five minutes remaining. The Wolves would close the game out on a 22-7 run to seal the come-from-behind victory. Iowa outscored Austin 34-23 in the fourth quarter while shooting 55.0% from the field.
With the win the Wolves avoid a sweep of the Spurs, finishing the season series 1-2.
Canyon Barry posted his fourth 20-plus point game of the season, finishing with 21 points and five rebounds.
Evan Smotrycz contributed off the bench with 13 points and a team-high three three-pointers made.
As a team the Wolves dominated in the paint, outscoring the Spurs 60-38.
Travis Trice II led all scorers for the evening, posting 25 points for Austin. Both Trice II and Travis Bader finished with five three-pointers in the contest.
Iowa finishes out its home schedule Saturday night against the Wisconsin Herd at 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 14, 2019
- Mad Ants Take First of Two-Game Set from Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Gansey Reaches 100 Wins as Mad Ants Take Care of Go-Go in D.C. - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Jarrett Jack to Miss Remainder of Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Phoenix Suns Assign Elie Okobo to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Charge Rally to Overtime Win in Toronto - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs to Host Annual Central Texas High School All-Star Games - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory - Austin Spurs
- Knicks Clinch 2019 NBA G League Playoff Berth - G League
- Legends Release 10-Year Celebration Logo - Texas Legends
- Los Angeles Clippers Sign Justin Bibbs to 10-Day Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Add Duo of Johnson & Richardson - Canton Charge
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win 101-97 over Greensboro Swarm; Secure 200th Franchise Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Herd Wins Double-Overtime Thriller against Blue Coats - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Coats Drop Double OT Thriller in Wisconsin - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Defeat Texas Legends 121-117
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs
- South Bay Boots Austin Back to Texas in Home Win
- Austin Spurs to Host Youth Sports and Fan Appreciation Games
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs