Charge Rally to Overtime Win in Toronto
TORONTO, ON - Trailing by 20 points entering the fourth quarter, the Canton Charge (19-27), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, rallied back to defeat the Raptors 905 (28-19), 104-100 in overtime at Scotiabank Arena, home of the Toronto Raptors. For the second consecutive game, three Charge players registered double-doubles to help sweep the season series from the 905.
Jaron Blossomgame scored 11 of his game-high 28 points in the fourth quarter, with the most important basket coming at 12.4 seconds remaining when he put back his own miss to tie the game at 96. 905 guard Josh Adams missed the game-winning attempt from deep and overtime ensued.
Blossomgame started the scoring in overtime with a seven-foot hook shot to take the 98-96 lead. Following a pair of misses at the free-throw line from 905 forward Derek Cooke Jr., Charge guard Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman connected on a deep three-pointer to give the Charge a five-point lead. The Charge never trailed in the extra period, holding on for the 104-100 victory.
The 905 took advantage of a huge third quarter to build their 20 point lead, outscoring Canton 35-15 in the frame. Without the red hot Malik Newman (concussion), the shorthanded Charge went ice cold in the third, connecting on 5-of-20 shots for 25% shooting from the field. The 905 were efficient on the offensive end, shooting 67% from the field and outscoring Canton 16-6 in the paint.
Despite the deficit, the Charge rallied to force overtime for the fourth time this season. The Charge have converted on 3-of-4 of those opportunities. Blossomgame recorded his sixth double-double (third consecutive) of the season with 28 points and 13 rebounds in 41 workman-like minutes. Levi Randolph recorded his second double-double in as many games with 21 points and 10 rebounds. JaCorey Williams followed suit with his third consecutive double-double with 25 points and 10 rebounds. Abdur-Rahkman matched the season-high he set on Tuesday night with 17 points. Scoochie Smith just missed out on a double-double with nine points and 10 assists in 42 minutes.
Wade Baldwin IV scored a team-high 22 points for the 905, adding nine rebounds and five assists in 39 minutes. Christian Watford provided 18 points off of the bench for the 905 on 6-of-13 shooting. Today's outcome marks the first time since January 4, 2017 that the Charge have won on the 905's home court.
The Charge return home for Fan Appreciation Night, this Saturday at 7PM vs. the Erie BayHawks (TV: Twitch; RADIO: 99.7 FM). All fans in attendance receive a Larry Nance Jr. bobblehead! For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 14, 2019
- Mad Ants Take First of Two-Game Set from Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Gansey Reaches 100 Wins as Mad Ants Take Care of Go-Go in D.C. - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Jarrett Jack to Miss Remainder of Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Phoenix Suns Assign Elie Okobo to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Charge Rally to Overtime Win in Toronto - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs to Host Annual Central Texas High School All-Star Games - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory - Austin Spurs
- Knicks Clinch 2019 NBA G League Playoff Berth - G League
- Legends Release 10-Year Celebration Logo - Texas Legends
- Los Angeles Clippers Sign Justin Bibbs to 10-Day Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Add Duo of Johnson & Richardson - Canton Charge
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win 101-97 over Greensboro Swarm; Secure 200th Franchise Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Herd Wins Double-Overtime Thriller against Blue Coats - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Coats Drop Double OT Thriller in Wisconsin - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.