Charge Add Duo of Johnson & Richardson
CANTON, OH - The Canton Charge, powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, added guard Nigel Johnson (available player pool) and forward Malachi Richardson (waivers), the team announced today.
Johnson (6-1, 180), appeared in one game this season for the Capital City Go-Go before being waived on March 5th. Johnson played his senior season at the University of Virginia, appearing in 31 games for the Cavaliers. He averaged 4.9 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists to help lead the Cavaliers to an ACC Championship.
Richardson (6-6, 205), a first-round pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, has appeared in 70 NBA games with the Sacramento Kings and Toronto Raptors. This season, he appeared in 22 games for the Toronto Raptors, averaging 1.4 points in 4.7 minutes per contest. On assignment with the Raptors 905, Richardson played in 12 games (12 starts), averaging 20.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.4 assists. On February 6, Richardson was acquired by the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for cash considerations. He was placed on waivers on February 10.
Charge guard Kobi Simmons (hip) and forward Sir'Dominic Pointer (thumb) are currently inactive, rehabbing with the team. Charge guard Malik Newman (concussion) did not travel with the team to Toronto for today's contest with the 905.
The Charge travel north of the border to take on the Raptors 905 at Scotiabank Arena, home of the Toronto Raptors, today at 12PM (TV: ESPN+; RADIO: 99.7 FM). For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 14, 2019
- Mad Ants Take First of Two-Game Set from Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Gansey Reaches 100 Wins as Mad Ants Take Care of Go-Go in D.C. - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Jarrett Jack to Miss Remainder of Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Phoenix Suns Assign Elie Okobo to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Charge Rally to Overtime Win in Toronto - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs to Host Annual Central Texas High School All-Star Games - Austin Spurs
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory - Austin Spurs
- Knicks Clinch 2019 NBA G League Playoff Berth - G League
- Legends Release 10-Year Celebration Logo - Texas Legends
- Los Angeles Clippers Sign Justin Bibbs to 10-Day Contract - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Add Duo of Johnson & Richardson - Canton Charge
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win 101-97 over Greensboro Swarm; Secure 200th Franchise Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Herd Wins Double-Overtime Thriller against Blue Coats - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Coats Drop Double OT Thriller in Wisconsin - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.