Gameday Preview - January 15 vs Lethbridge
VS LETHBRIDGE: This will be the fourth meeting of the season between the Hurricanes and the Tigers. The Hurricanes have taken all three match-ups with the Tabbies so far this season with the most recent being on December 18th. The Hurricanes are currently 13-14-2-0, good for 28 points and 5th in the Central Division, as well as 11th in the Eastern Conference. Lethbridge is fresh of a 5-1 loss at the hand of the Prince Albert Raiders. Justin Hall leads the 'Canes in scoring with 29 points (12G, 17A) in 27 games. Bryan Thomson has earned the lion's share of the starts going 10-13-2-0 with a 3.29 GAA and a 0.895 SV%.
2021-21 WHL RANKINGS:
Central Division - 6th
Eastern Conference - 12th
VS CENTRAL DIVISION: The Tigers have a 5-11-1-0 record vs Central Division opponents.
VS EAST DIVISION: The Tigers have a 2-11-2-1 record vs East Division opponents.
LAST GAME: The Tigers paid a visit to Mosiac Place in Moose Jaw last night to take on the Warriors. Tigers newcomer Carter Chorney scored his first as a Tiger last night and Rhett Parsons got his 2nd of the season, but the Warriors were able to put a 6 spot up, including three in the third period as Moose Jaw came away 6-2 victors. Beckett Langkow stopped 16 of 22 shots directed at the Tigers net and was tabbed for the loss.
MILESTONES: Corson Hopwo is closing in on his 100th career WHL point. The forward from Duncan, BC needs only five points to cross that threshold. Tigers Defenceman Dru Krebs played in his 100th career WHL game on Saturday, December 4th vs Brandon. Daniel Baker is now three games shy of playing in his team leading 200th career WHL game. Newcomer Brendan Lee recently played in his 100th career WHL game before being dealt to the Tigers.
PLAYER TO WATCH: Rhett Parsons has turned into one of the most relied upon blue-liners in the Tigers dressing room. The 6'2" Parsons has a career best 7 points this season, including two goals and five assists. The Cremona, AB native is a hard nosed defenceman, willing to do whatever it takes to help his team earn a victory. The 18-year-old Parsons has 52 Penalty Minutes this season.
CLUB LEADERS LEADING SCORERS:
- Goals Danielson / Ferster (8) - Tyler MacKenzie 2G, 17A, 19 PTS
- Assists Tyler MacKenzie (17) - Bogdans Hodass 3G, 14A, 17 PTS
- Points MacKenzie (19) - Noah Danielson 8G, 8A, 16 PTS
- PIMs Daniel Baker (67) - Daniel Baker 4G, 12A, 16 PTS
- Plus/Minus Shtrom (-1) - Ashton Ferster 8G, 7A, 15 PTS
- Wins Bjorklund (5) - Corson Hopwo 7G, 8A, 15 PTS
ROOKIE LEADERS - Oasiz Wiesblatt 4G, 9A, 13 PTS
- Goals Bogdans Hodass (3) - Brendan Lee 6G, 6A, 12 PTS
- Assists Bogdans Hodass (14) - Owen MacNeil 5G, 7A, 12 PTS
- Points Bogdans Hodass (17) - Brayden Boehm 4G, 7A, 11 PTS
- PIMs Bogdans Hodass (20) - Oren Shtrom 7G, 3A, 10 PTS
- Plus/Minus Arp / Hodass (-4) - Teague Patton 5G, 4A, 9 PTS
POWER PLAY: 26 / 122 - 21.3% - 11th
PENALTY KILL: 108 / 142- 77.1% - 15th
TIGERS ROSTER MAKEUP: The Tigers have 22 players on the roster - 2 Goaltenders, 7 Defencemen and 13 Forwards, including 5 rookies.
AGE BREAKDOWN: 3 - 20-year-olds, 3 - 19-year-olds, 8 - 18-year-olds, 6 - 17-year-olds, 2 - 16-year-olds
NHL DRAFTED / SIGNED PLAYERS: Garin Bjorklund (Washington Capitals), Dru Krebs (Washington Capitals)
LAST FIVE: RESULTS: NEXT FIVE: TIME:
@ Moose Jaw Warriors 6-2 Loss vs Red Deer, Sun, Jan 16 6:00 PM (MST)
vs Brandon Wheat Kings 4-3 OT WIN @ Saskatoon, Fri, Jan 21 6:00 PM (MST)
@ Calgary Hitmen 4-2 Loss @ Prince Albert, Sat, Jan 22 6:00 PM (MST)
vs Winnipeg ICE 6-1 Loss vs Saskatoon, Tue, Jan 25 7:00 PM (MST)
vs Calgary Hitmen 3-2 WIN vs Calgary, Sat, Jan 29 7:00 PM (MST)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2022
- Watterodt Nets First Career Goal, Blades Beat Broncos 4-1 - Saskatoon Blades
- Warriors Drop Hard Fought Game against WHL-Leading ICE - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Wheat Kings Drop Matinee Affair in Edmonton - Brandon Wheat Kings
- ICE Top Moose Jaw in Lambos' Return - Winnipeg Ice
- WHL Referee Brett Iverson Receives WHL Milestone Award - WHL
- Guenther Propels Oil Kings to Win over Wheaties - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Hitmen Defeat Raiders 4-1 - Calgary Hitmen
- Americans Look to Carry Momentum to Portland - Tri-City Americans
- Raiders Drop Saturday Afternoon Game in Calgary - Prince Albert Raiders
- Game Day Hub: Jan 15 vs TC - Portland Winterhawks
- Gameday Preview - January 15 vs Lethbridge - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Chiefs Host Kamloops Blazers in First Match-Up of the Season - Spokane Chiefs
- Wheat Kings Meet Oil Kings in Mid-Day Affair - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day: Blades Host Broncos in Western Night - Saskatoon Blades
- Game 35 - ICE at Moose Jaw - Winnipeg Ice
- Ams Score 5 Straight to Earn Comeback Victory over Blazers - Tri-City Americans
- Alberta Boys Lift BWK to Win in Red Deer - Brandon Wheat Kings
- T-Birds Earn Point in First Game of 2022 - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Berezowski, Huuhtanen Extend Goal Streaks in 6-2 Win at Spokane - Everett Silvertips
- Cougars End Skid with OT Victory - Prince George Cougars
- Rockets Open Weekend by Topping Royals - Kelowna Rockets
- Rebels Show Signs of Lengthy Layoff in Loss to Wheat Kings - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Resilient in 6-4 Loss to Rockets - Victoria Royals
- Broncos Strong Push Falls Short against Blades - Swift Current Broncos
- Tigers Fall 6-2 in Moose Jaw - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Robins Hat-Trick Leads Blades to Victory in Swift Current - Saskatoon Blades
- Portland Tops Seattle 4-3 in OT, Wins Sixth Straight Game - Portland Winterhawks
- Silvertips Pull Away from Chiefs with Big Second Period - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders Open Alberta Road Trip with Win in Lethbridge - Prince Albert Raiders
- Baco's Hat Trick Powers Warriors over Tigers on Friday - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.