Game Preview: Guelph Storm at Owen Sound Attack
Guelph travels to Owen Sound to face the Attack on Tuesday evening at 7:00pm. Guelph sits in 3rd place in the Western Conference heading into Tuesdays game, while Owen Sound is in 6th place in the Western Conference.
The Storm return home on Friday December 13th to face the Windsor Spitfires at 7:30pm. Saturday Guelph plays against the Kitchener Rangers for their annual Teddy Bear Toss game at 2:00pm before they head to Oshawa to face the Generals on Sunday December 15th at 6:05pm.
Friday December 13th - Mini Stick Night sponsored by Home Depot
Saturday December 14th - Teddy Bear Toss
Saturday, December 14th, is the annual Teddy Bear Toss game sponsored by Brent Johnson of Wayne Pitman Ford Lincoln at the Sleeman Centre as the Storm host the Kitchener Rangers at 2pm.
Last year the teddy bear goal was scored by forward Barret Kirwin at the halfway point of the first period. Kirwin's goal brought on a storm of over 3,500 stuffed animals onto the ice!
As we get ready for Saturday's game, here are some Teddy Bear Toss Facts...
- Over 18 seasons, the Storm has collected over 54,500 new, or 'slightly loved' stuffed toys that have been donated to charities in Guelph and around the world.
- The most bears ever collected by the Storm in a single game was last year's 6,000 (2017-18)
- The Storm's record in 18 Teddy Bear Toss games is 10-6-2-0.
- The earliest Storm goal recorded on a Teddy Bear Toss night in Guelph was in 2009 when Matt Sisca scored at 1:13 of the first period.
- The Storm were held scoreless only once on Teddy Bear Toss night, December 2nd, 2002 against the Brampton Battalion (4-0).
Guelph Storm Teddy Bear Toss Goals
Friday, December 8th. 2000: Guelph Storm 8 - Oshawa Generals 0 - goal scored by Charlie Stephens (9:11 First Period) - Attendance: 3,414
Friday, December 7th, 2001: Guelph Storm 4 - Brampton Battalion 4 - goal scored by Martin St. Pierre (17:27 First Period) - Attendance: 3,349
Friday, December 6th, 2002: Guelph Storm 0 - Brampton Battalion 4 - Attendance: 3,568
Friday, December 5th, 2003: Guelph Storm 2 - Owen Sound 2 - goal scored by Shane Hart (7:28 Third Period) - Attendance: 3,890
Friday, December 3rd, 2004: Guelph Storm 2 - Barrie Colts 2 - goal scored by Matt D'Agostini (7:24 First Period) - Attendance: 4,100
Friday, December 1st, 2005: Guelph Storm 3 - Windsor Spitfires 0 - goal scored by Matt D'Agostini (4:54 Second Period) - Attendance 3,976
Friday, December 1st, 2006: Guelph Storm 1 - Erie Otters 2 - goal scored by Jamie Arniel (8:52 Third Period)- Attendance 3,850
Friday, December 7th, 2007: Guelph Storm 3 - Saginaw Spirit 1 - goal scored by Brandon Buck (13:39 Second Period) - Attendance 3,880
Friday, December 5th, 2008: Guelph Storm 3 - Mississauga St. Michael's Majors 0 - goal scored by Peter Holland (6:14 Second Period) - Attendance 3,985
Friday, December 11th, 2009: Guelph Storm 8 - Owen Sound Attack 1 - goal scored by Matt Sisca (1:13 first period) - Attendance 3579
Friday, December 10th, 2010: Guelph Storm 4 - Sarnia Sting 1 - goal scored by Richard Panik (5:54 Second Period) - Attendance: 3,978
Friday, December 9th, 2011: Guelph Storm 5 - Barrie Colts 8 - goal scored by Matt Finn (13:34 Third Period) - Attendance 3,955
Friday, December 7th, 2012: Guelph Storm 4 - Owen Sound Attack 1 - goal scored by Hunter Garlent (4:12 First Period) - 4,938
Friday, December 6th, 2013: Guelph Storm 3 - Owen Sound Attack 5 - goal scored by Robby Fabbri (8:36 Second Period) - Attendance 4,938
Friday, December 12th, 2014: Guelph Storm 4 - Owen Sound Attack 3 - goal scored by Tyler Bertuzzi (5:00 First Period) - Attendance 4,720
Friday, December 4th, 2015: Guelph Storm 4 Hamilton Bulldogs 7 - goal scored by James McEwan (5:59 First Period) - Attendance 4,068
Sunday, December 11th, 2016: Guelph Storm 4 Kingston Frontenacs 3 (OT)- goal scored by Ryan Merkley (10:09 First Period - Attendance, 4,286
Sunday, December 10th, 2017: Guelph Storm 3 Kitchener Rangers 10 - goal scored by Mason Primeau (2:40 Second Period) - Attendance, 4,536
Saturday, December 15th, 2018: Guelph Storm 6 Mississauga Steelheads 4 - goal scored by Barret Kirwin (11:28 First Period)- Attendance, 4,287
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 10, 2019
- Attack and Wawanesa Raise $1800 and Collect 550 New Toys - Owen Sound Attack
- Attack Lose to Four Goal Effort from Gogolev and Storm - Owen Sound Attack
- Rangers Blank the Knights 4-0 in the Teddy Bear Game - Kitchener Rangers
- Vaughn CHL Team of the Week Unveiled - OHL
- Hunter Jones Named Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending December 8 - Peterborough Petes
- Dennis, Oulahen Take Reins - North Bay Battalion
- Knights Well Represented at Team Canada World Junior Selection Camp - London Knights
- Petes Snap Knights' Streak - London Knights
- Game Preview: Guelph Storm at Owen Sound Attack - Guelph Storm
- Feel the Force Thursday, Support SickKids Saturday - Peterborough Petes
- 25 Years of the Teddy Bear Toss - Kitchener Rangers
- Wolves Host Otters and Attack in Double Header Weekend Action - Sudbury Wolves
- Ottawa 67's 2019 Fourth Round Pick Ranvir Gill-Shane Commits to Club - Ottawa 67's
- Struthers Named Huron Tractor Player of the Week - Owen Sound Attack
- Vitali Pinchuk Competing in IIHF U20 Division 1A World Championship - Kingston Frontenacs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.