Game Notes: Lehigh Valley IronPigs (56-62) at Louisville Bats (51-69)
Game 121, Home 59
Lehigh Valley IronPigs (56-62) at Louisville Bats (51-69)
RHP Jesus Reyes (0-4, 4.73) vs. RHP Dan Straily (2-4, 9.82)
7:00 PM | Wednesday, August 14, 2019 | Louisville Slugger Field
LISTEN: Nick Curran & Jim Kelch, 790 KRD; iHeartRadio.com; iHeart app
TONIGHT'S GAME: The Bats look to clinch the series victory against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, winning last night's series opener to get to 4-1 in their last 5 games and also improving to 6-5 in August. With a win tonight, LOU would have its fifth series win in its last 9 tries. Right-hander Jesus Reyes takes the mound for Louisville tonight, with just 20 games to go in the 2019 season.
AGAINST LEHIGH VALLEY: Louisville evened the season series at 2 games apiece with Tuesday night's win in Lehigh Valley's first game at Louisville Slugger Field this season. With the win, the Bats also improved to 16-16 against the IL North Division this season, and 7-6 at home.
TRENDING UP: After the 7-3 win over the IronPigs last night, Louisville has won 4 of its last 5 games. In 31 games after the All-Star break, the Bats own an 18-13 record and +27 run differential, both of which rank best in their division.
IL West in the Second Half
Club W-L Pct. R/RA Diff.
LOUISVILLE 18-13 .581 157/130 +27
Indianapolis 15-16 .484 141/163 -22
Toledo 14-17 .452 167/165 +2
Columbus 12-19 .387 146/171 -25
PRODUCTIVE PITCHING: Louisville's pitching staff has been among the best in the IL over the last month and a half, keeping its opponent to 3 or fewer runs for the fifth time in their last 6 games. Since July 1, the Bats own the second-best ERA (3.77) in the league and rank fourth in WHIP (1.40).
Lowest Earned Run Average (Since July 1)
Gwinnett 3.73 138er/333.0ip
LOUISVILLE 3.77 141er/336.2ip
Syracuse 4.29 158er/331.1ip
TRANSACTIONS: OF/1B Brian O'Grady was optioned to Louisville on Tuesday, while LHP Tim Collins was placed on the 7-day IL and LHP Eric Stout was transferred to Class AA Chattanooga. O'Grady was selected by the Reds on August 5, and made his MLB debut against the Cubs on August 8. He recorded his first hit on August 10, and went 1-for-5 in 5 pinch-hit appearances for the Reds before being optioned.
- In 100 games with the Bats this season, the 27-year-old is batting .277 with 27 doubles, 27 home runs, 70 RBI and 16 stolen bases.
SIRI WARMING UP: Center fielder Jose Siri went 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles last night, his first multi-hit game at Triple-A. After starting his Louisville career hitless in his first 20 at-bats, Siri has batted .357 (5-for-14) since, recording his first 2-double game yesterday since May 11, 2018 with Advanced-A Daytona.
THIS AB NEEDS HIS HELMET TOO: Infielder Alex Blandino was hit by a pitch for the 13th time this season, tied for fourth in the IL and most in the league since he made his season debut for Louisville on June 3. Blandino's .419 on-base percentage since June 3 leads the IL among qualifiers, edging out second-place and former Bat Phil Gosselin (.407) for Lehigh Valley.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Bisons Win in Walk-Off Fashion, 5-4, over Hens - Buffalo Bisons
- Cameron Homers as Hens Force Extras - Toledo Mud Hens
- Reyes Does It All, Bats Win 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Mets Hold Strong for 5-4 Victory over Bulls on Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Stripers, Columbus Postponed on Wednesday - Gwinnett Stripers
- Wings Fall 5-3 in Indy Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Waddell Delivers Quality Start as Indy Wins 5-3 - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Toledo (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Lehigh Valley IronPigs (56-62) at Louisville Bats (51-69) - Louisville Bats
- Tides to Host The Office Night on August 30 - Norfolk Tides
- New Documentary Series, Minor League City, Highlights Red Wings - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (59-60) vs. Rochester Red Wings (60-60) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- World Series Replica Rings Friday, August 16 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wings Drop Opener in Indy, 6-3 - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.