Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Toledo (7:05 p.m.)
August 14, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY| Game # 121| Home Game # 59
BUFFALO BISONS (61-59, 2nd, -4.0 North) vs. TOLEDO MUD HENS (54-66, 3rd, -13.5 West)
RHP T.J. Zeuch (3-2, 4.92) vs RHP Tim Adleman (6-4, 3.48)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening, the Bisons take on the Toledo Mud Hens in game two of their three-game series to close out the season series between the teams. Following the Mud Hens, the Durham Bulls come to Sahlen Field for a three-game weekend set to round out a six-game homestand for the Herd. Buffalo will then make their final trip to Rochester next Monday for a four-game set.
Last Game: BUF 11, TOL 3
Buffalo took game one of their series against Toledo yesterday as their offense showed early and scored five runs due to an Andy Burns grand slam in the first inning. Socrates Brito and Richard Urena hit back-to-back home runs in the second inning and all together, the Herd would four long balls on the night. Conor Fisk had another quality start, with 6.0 IP and 2 R, 1 ER.
Toledo Mud Hens (2-2)
Buffalo and Toledo are meeting for the second time in the 2019 season, the first time at Sahlen Field. The teams met a week ago, 8/6-8/8, where the Mud Hens took two out of three games from the Herd. This meeting will complete their cross-division season series.
RHP T.J. Zeuch takes the mound for the Herd in his 10th start of the season for the club. He comes into today's game with a 2-0 record with a 3.99 ERA and 16 strikeouts over 29.1 IP at home this year. In his last appearance he spun 7.1 innings where he allowed four runs on six hits while striking out four and walking two batters in a losing effort.
INF Andy Burns added to his team high hit total last night with a grand slam in the first inning to give Buffalo the early lead. It was just the second grand slam of the season for the Bisons and now gives Burns 52 RBIs on the season.
DH Jordan Patterson finished 1-3 on the night and drove in three runs for the team as he hit his 15th home run of the season in the seventh inning as well as coming around to score twice last night to improve his season total a team leading 59 runs scored.
With just 20 games left in the 2019 regular season, the Bisons currently sit four games back in the IL North behind the Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. Buffalo is seven games back from Durham for the lone wild card spot, with the Bulls coming to Buffalo this weekend for three games. The Bisons will travel to Moosic, PA for the final series of the season (8/30-9/2) in what could be the the most important series of the year for the Herd.
Toronto (51-71) shut out the visiting Texas Rangers yesterady 3-0. Solo home runs from Randall Grichuk, Teoscar Hernandez and Billy McKinney as well as strong pitching from the Blue Jays helped secure the win for Toronto. The final game of the series will start at 12:37 p.m. with RHP Sean Reid-Foley scheduled to start.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Bisons Win in Walk-Off Fashion, 5-4, over Hens - Buffalo Bisons
- Cameron Homers as Hens Force Extras - Toledo Mud Hens
- Reyes Does It All, Bats Win 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Mets Hold Strong for 5-4 Victory over Bulls on Wednesday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Stripers, Columbus Postponed on Wednesday - Gwinnett Stripers
- Wings Fall 5-3 in Indy Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Waddell Delivers Quality Start as Indy Wins 5-3 - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Toledo (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Lehigh Valley IronPigs (56-62) at Louisville Bats (51-69) - Louisville Bats
- Tides to Host The Office Night on August 30 - Norfolk Tides
- New Documentary Series, Minor League City, Highlights Red Wings - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (59-60) vs. Rochester Red Wings (60-60) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- World Series Replica Rings Friday, August 16 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Wings Drop Opener in Indy, 6-3 - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Blue Jays Select Ken Huckaby as Manager of the Buffalo Bisons
- Micah Hyde Charity Softball Game Returns to Sahlen Field May 31, 2020
- Bisons GM Mike Buczkowski Named 2019 International League "Executive of the Year"
- 'Ballpark Brew Bash' Craft Beer Festival Returns to Sahlen Field September 21
- Ballpark Golf Returns with â??The Sahlen Field Links' September 18-20