Game Notes - Sounders FC Vs. Houston Dynamo
The surge of the Seattle Sounders FC continues as the Rave Green returns from 3,000 miles away in San Salvador to the friendly confines of Qwest Field for a match against the Houston Dynamo. Seattle can further climb up the Western Conference of MLS when it hosts the Dynamo on Sunday night at 8 p.m. PT.
Seattle advanced Tuesday night, by way of aggregate goals scored, to the group stage of the CONCACAF Champions League with a 1-1 draw in San Salvador. Sounders FC had defeated Metapán, 1-0, in the first leg of the preliminary series, played on the Xbox Pitch at Qwest Field last week. The team then won at San Jose, 1-0, before continuing its journey to San Salvador.
Undefeated in its last four MLS matches and in seven games over all competitions, Sounders FC (7-8-4, 25 points) has vaulted from seventh to fourth in the West, two points behind FC Dallas. Seattle has won three straight and has not lost in its last four MLS starts dating back to July 11. The seven-game unbeaten run (5-0-2) in all competitions began with a 2-0 win over the L.A. Galaxy in a U.S. Open Cup quarterfinal on July 7.
Seattle and Houston (5-8-5, 20 points) are sowing the seeds of a true rivalry, having already met five times with some memorable outcomes. Houston is coming off its fourth draw in the last five, a 2-2 result at home against the New York Red Bulls. It is winless since May 22.
This will be the first meeting since the Dynamo eliminated Sounders FC from the MLS Cup Playoffs last November. The two-game postseason series was extended to extra time after the second leg at Robertson Stadium in Texas. Earlier in 2009, Seattle had beaten Houston, 2-1 after extra time, in the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. The Rave Green won at home and drew on the road in two regular season matches with the Dynamo.
Local TV: KONG 6/16
Local Radio: 97.3 KIRO FM
Talent: Arlo White
Pregame Talent: Jimmy Gabriel with Matt Johnson (radio); Alan Hinton and Peter Fewing (tv)
Local Spanish Radio: 1210 AM Homero
Talent: Rene Aleman, Noe Menendez and Victor Hernandez
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 6, 2010
- Whitecaps FC play to goalless draw - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes Travel to the Rocky Mountains to Take on Colorado Rapids - San Jose Earthquakes
- Game Notes - Sounders FC Vs. Houston Dynamo - Seattle Sounders FC
- Trio of Earthquakes Undergo Successful Surgeries - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA's Gerson Mayén and Chukwudi Chijindu Loaned to Miami FC - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Red Bulls Waive Defender Kevin Goldthwaite - New York Red Bulls
- GOLTV to Carry Toronto FC CONCACAF Group Stage Matches - Toronto FC
- Near Sellout for Chicago Fire Match Against New York Red Bulls at Toyota Park on August 8 - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire Reacquire Defender Gonzalo Segares - Chicago Fire
- Red Bulls Luke Sassano and Brian Nielsen Undergo Successful Surgeries - New York Red Bulls
- SuperLiga 2010 Final Set for September 1 in Foxborough - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Learns Group A Schedule for CONCACAF Champions League - Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Acquire Defender Tim Ward from Chicago - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Trade Defender Tim Ward to San Jose Earthquakes - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Acquires Defender Jed Zayner - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Los Angeles FC - April 21, 2019
- Sounders FC to Open Full Stadium Capacity for Four Matches in 2019 MLS Regular Season
- Sounders FC Comes from Behind to Secure 3-2 Victory over Toronto FC
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Toronto FC - April 13, 2019
- Sounders FC to Wear Parley Kits on April 21 against LAFC