Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, January 15
The Belleville Senators are back at it tonight as they visit the Manitoba Moose once again to close our their visit to Winnipeg.
The Senators (23-13-2-1) rose to the top of the North Division standings with a 5-3 win Monday over the Moose. Belleville continues to find the back of the net with relative ease as their 146 goals lead the AHL.
Manitoba's (18-23-0-0) losing streak hit four games after Monday's loss as they remain seventh in the Central division. They're only two points out of a playoff spot but have played four more games than fourth-placed Rockford.
The Sens are 14-3-1-0 away from home this season.
The Senators got some help on defence Tuesday as Andreas Englund cleared waivers and was reassigned to Belleville.
Joey Daccord started for the Sens Monday and with the Sens off until Saturday after tonight's game, the possibility exists that Troy Mann goes back to the hot hand or sends Filip Gustavsson out between the pipes.
Jonathan Davidsson and Jordan Szwarz remain out for the Senators.
The Sens are 1-1 against the Moose this season. The teams will meet for the final time this year on Feb. 22 at CAA Arena. The Senators are 5-1 all-time against their Canadian rivals.
Who to watch
It was the Michael Carcone show Monday night as he tallied the fastest hat-trick in Belleville Senators history at just 14:42. Carcone has eight goals and 17 points in 31 games this season.
Ryan White, a veteran of 313 NHL games, had a goal and an assist Monday night for the Moose. The 31-year-old last played in the NHL in 2017 and has spent the last three seasons in the AHL.
Where to watch
Wednesday's game starts at 8pm and can be seen LIVE on AHLTV. Follow the Belleville Sens on Twitter for live updates.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 7:50pm with Jack Miller on the call.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Checkers Take Down Bears for Weekday Sweep - Charlotte Checkers
- Bastian, Cormier Keep Devils Hot In 5-2 Win - Binghamton Devils
- Bears Late Rally Falls Short in Charlotte - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss to Devils - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Outlast Wolf Pack in Overtime - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Rally from Five-Goal Hole to Earn OT Point - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Topped by Phantoms, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- The Great Skate Winterfest Returns this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Night Returns to Rockford on Friday, February 7 - Rockford IceHogs
- Chicago Wolves Military Appreciation Jerseys Available Online - Chicago Wolves
- Lashoff Assigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bobbleheads, $2 Beer, $1 Hot Dogs, and Girls Rock this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Coyotes Recall Chaput from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Flyers Loan Joel Farabee to Phantoms and Recall Alex Lyon - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stockton Set for Pacific Division Matchup Wednesday - Stockton Heat
- Texas Recalls Goaltender Tomas Sholl from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Blue Jackets Recall Goaltender Veini Vehvilainen, Assign Four Players to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Bears at Checkers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Florida Panthers Recall G Sam Montembeault - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, January 15 - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Iowa Ends Road Trip with 5-2 Victory against Bakersfield - Iowa Wild
- Condors Fall to Iowa; Home on Friday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.