Force Drop Game 1 of the Weekend to Tri-City
Tonight's game marked the start of a three game homestand vs. the Tri-City Storm. Four unanswered goals from the Storm shut Fargo down and led to a 5-2 Tri-City victory.
Period one saw most of its action around the halfway point of the period. Starting with an elbowing penalty called on Jeremy Davidson. This sent Tri-City into their first power play of the night. They made the most of their man advantage putting up the first goal of the night, as a shot squeaked in past the skate of Boynton by forward Kyle Aucoin.
With a little under three minutes left to play in the opening frame, the Force headed into a power play of their own. They capitalized on the man advantage with a goal from Buffalo Sabers prospect Aaron Huglen. Huglen rocketed one too shelf, with assists by Ryan Siedem and Tristan Broz. The period ended in a 1-1 tie, shots in favor of the Force, 12-10.
Nick Strom gave the Force their first lead of the night in period two as he fired one in from the left point. However, the Force didn't hang onto that lead for long. At 13:09 in period two Adam Klapka tied it up for the Storm, then with a little under two minutes remaining Tri-City lit the lamp once again giving themselves a lead they would keep the rest of the game.
The Storm went on to score two more unanswered goals in period three. The first at 11:11 from Mark Estapa, and the second late in the period on an empty Force net. The two teams are back at it again tomorrow night at 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2021
- Comeback Falls Short, Stampede Lose 4-3 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Hawks Find Early Trouble in Dubuque - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stars Come up Short in Omaha - Lincoln Stars
- Savoie and Kurth Shine in Dubuque 7-4 Win over Waterloo - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lancers Take Down Stars, 4-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Strong Second Period Lifts Musketeers Past Sioux Falls - Sioux City Musketeers
- Skorpik's 27-Save Night Leads Lumberjacks Past Gamblers - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Jacob Bauer Called up to Western Michigan - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Set for Another Road Game against Force - Tri-City Storm
- Tonight's Game Postponed Due to Travel Conditions - Chicago Steel
- Force Drop Game 1 of the Weekend to Tri-City - Fargo Force
- Musketeers Drop Overtime Thriller - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Open Three-Game Road Series with 5-2 Win over Force - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.