Storm Set for Another Road Game against Force
Fargo, ND. - The Tri-City Storm play another road game tonight against the Fargo Force following last night's 5-2 road win at Scheels Arena. A win over the Force tonight would give the Storm a season-high third consecutive win. Kyle Aucoin, Adam Klapka, Gavin Brindley, Mark Estapa, and Nick Portz all scored in last night's road victory. Todd Scott recorded the win in net after making 25 saves on 27 shots. Puck drop for tonight's game is set for 7:05pm.
Tri-City (9-6-0-1) climbed to 3rd place in the Western Conference standings following last night's road win over the league-leading Fargo Force. With Kyle Aucoin's 1st period power-play goal last night, Tri-City has now scored at least one power-play goal in four of its last five games. Todd Scott improved to 7-3-0-1 this season following the win in goal. Kyler Kovich, Cole O'Hara, Cater Mazur, Mark Estapa, Nick Portz, Isac Jonsson, Drew Montgomery, Hunter Strand, and Kyle Aucoin all recorded assists during the game. The Storm took a 2-1-0-0 series lead in head-to-head matchups against the Force this season with the win. Tonight's game is the second game of this week's three game series. The Storm and the Force will face off one additional time at the Viaero Center on February 27th to conclude the six-game season series. Scoring leaders after last night's game for the Storm now include; Carter Mazur (6), Hunter Strand (5), Nick Portz (5), Mark Estapa (4), Gavin Brindley (4), Cole McWard (3), Adam Klapka (3), Victor Czerneckianair (3), and Parker Lindauer (3).
Fargo (13-5-2-0) dropped only its second home game of the season last night in the 5-2 loss to Tri-City. Aaron Huglen and Nick Strom scored Fargo's goals in the loss. Goaltender Brennan Boynton recorded just his second loss in regulation time last night after making 17 saves on 21 shots. The Force's power-play broke through against Tri-City's league-leading penalty kill with a goal in the 1st period. Fargo fell to 13-5-2-0 in the loss. Despite outshooting Tri-City 27-22, Fargo allowed the final four goals of the game after taking a 2-1 lead in the 2nd period. Fargo has scored 70 goals this season, the most of any team in the Western Conference. A loss tonight for Fargo would give the team three consecutive losses for the second time this season. Scoring leaders for the Force entering tonight's game include; Jeremy Davidson (7), Matthew Crasa (7), Mason Salquist (7), Tristan Broz (6), Jacob Braccini (6), Ryan Richardson (5), Austin Wong (5), and Erik Bargholtz (5).
Tonight's game is set to begin at 7:05pm CT and will be streamed live on HockeyTV, and Storm Radio. For tickets to Storm home games at the Viaero Center, call 308-338-8144 or visit www.StormHockey.com
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2021
- Comeback Falls Short, Stampede Lose 4-3 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Hawks Find Early Trouble in Dubuque - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stars Come up Short in Omaha - Lincoln Stars
- Savoie and Kurth Shine in Dubuque 7-4 Win over Waterloo - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lancers Take Down Stars, 4-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Strong Second Period Lifts Musketeers Past Sioux Falls - Sioux City Musketeers
- Skorpik's 27-Save Night Leads Lumberjacks Past Gamblers - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Jacob Bauer Called up to Western Michigan - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Set for Another Road Game against Force - Tri-City Storm
- Tonight's Game Postponed Due to Travel Conditions - Chicago Steel
- Force Drop Game 1 of the Weekend to Tri-City - Fargo Force
- Musketeers Drop Overtime Thriller - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Open Three-Game Road Series with 5-2 Win over Force - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.